171. Given Another Life

When the Ruford Empire was completely stabilized, the soldiers who made great contributions in the battle against Namgil were rewarded handsomely. The list of awards had already been confirmed, but it was only recently that all payments were completed.

Firstly were Hyunbin, Namjoon and the elite soldiers who infiltrated Lunen to save Lalisa, and they all received an increase in position and salary. In addition, all those who died during the war were buried in the Ruford Empire's Patriot Cemetery in honor of their deaths.

Taehyung solidified his position as Jungkook's right-hand man, however, it was Jimin that had the most dramatic rise in status. He served well as Jungkook's subordinate, but he was always looked down on by the fact that he was a humble slave and assassin. Jungkook formally bestowed upon Jimin the title of baron along with a few territories, freeing him from the stigma. Although the title Jimin owned was relatively low, the land he owned was equal to that of any other territory, and it was likely that his rank would continue to go up. The nobles would react if Jungkook rewarded Jimin too high of a title at once, so the Emperor remained prescient. Jimin, who had always been hidden in the shadows, had now proudly established himself as a nobleman.

Finally, Jungkook confirmed that all compensation was completed.

"I took care of it according to your will. Do you approve?"

Lalisa, who was sitting beside him, smiled and nodded.

"Yes, I'm very pleased."

"I'm glad. I was a little surprised that you wanted to give Jimin a title."

Jungkook would have considered it even if Lalisa didn't ask about it, but he never expected her to bring it up in the first place. She looked at the report confirming that Jimin was made baron, and replied in a quiet voice.

"...I didn't want to interfere between the two if possible, but I wanted to relieve their burdens."

Lalisa did not know everything that happened between Jimin and Roseanne. While Roseanne still seemed to like Jimin, neither of which seemed to be willing to make a move. That was why Lalisa wanted to break down the barriers between the two. If they wanted to be with each other, they could approach each other with a lighter heart. Of course, it was up to them to decide what kind of ending they would have.

Jungkook looked at Lalisa questioningly.

"What do you mean?"

"It's someone else's love story. Do you want to know what it's about?"

Jungkook answered with a single shake of the head.

"No. I'm already busy with my love life."

At the same time, Jungkook reached out from his seat and pulled Lalisa towards him. It was hard to believe that she had recently given birth to a child, given the slimness of her waist. She smiled, knowing that she couldn't stop Jungkook.

"You haven't even finished your work yet."

"I don't have anything urgent left to do. And with CrowSeol we don't even have enough time to be alone anymore. We should enjoy our time together like this."

Lalisa insisted on caring for Seol for herself and never intended to leave him entirely in the hands of anyone else, so she didn't see Jungkook as often as she liked. She embraced her husband's shoulder with a small smile, understanding that their time together had been dwindling recently. He was the man who made her realize that she was loved at any unexpected moment. Now that she was by his side...she was so happy.

The couple luxuriated in each other's quiet presence, when they were interrupted by a child's cries and the sound of urgent footsteps.

"Waaaah!"