84. I'll See Soon

The ambassadors who wanted even the slightest connection with the Ruford Imperial Family could not refuse Lalisa's invitation. All invitees expressed their intention to attend the party, and as the date loomed the palace became increasingly populated. Because Lalisa's ankle made it difficult to move speedily, it fell to the head-lady-waiting to organize the servants and create as perfect as event as possible.

Plans were going smoothly, when there was a knock on Lalisa's door.

"Come in."

Sana entered the room and gave a low bow.

"Your Highness. Lady Roseanne from the Blaise family is here, as well as the other maids and servants."

"Really? I'll go out myself."

As Lalisa stood up on her bandaged ankle, Sana quickly went to her side to assist her. Lalisa's injury wasn't so severe that she was immobile, but Jungkook was so insistent on her recovery that she simply complied. Of course, her ankle was healing quickly thanks to him.

'Roseanne will worry if she sees me like this.'

Lalisa swiftly headed out of the Crown Prince's palace, her heart lifting in anticipation in seeing Roseann after a long time. She spotted the familiar figures of the Blaise residents exiting from the carriage. When Nayeon saw her walking with Sana's help, the maid's eyes widened.

"My Lady!"

Nayeon hurried to Lalisa and looked at her anxiously.

"What happened to you? Did you hurt your ankle?"

"Yes, recently. It's not serious, so don't worry too much."

"It looked serious because of the bandages. Well, you don't have to worry now that we're here. I'll work hard to lessen your inconvenience."

"That is reassuring."

Lalisa gave a warm smile. She had thought she had been doing fine so far, but seeing Nayeon's familiar face made her feel at home. It seemed that nobles did not usually take maids from their parents' households.

Lalisa looked around in search of her sister.

"What about Roseanne?"

"Oh, she should be here soon. There is a lot of luggage, so it was sent ahead first."

"I see. Some people should be here soon to tell you about your accommodations and other things. Let me know if you need anything else."

"Yes, My Lady! Ah no, Your Highness!"

Lalisa smiled faintly at Nayeon's confusion over her title, then turned to Sana.

"Go to the head lady-in-waiting and inform her that the maids and servants from Blaise family have arrived. Tell her to give them special attention."

Sana, who was quietly watching the scene between Lalisa and Nayeon, bowed her head.

"Yes, Your Highness."

Sana left. She was a maid of the Imperial Palace, and was much more well-groomed and polite than the average maid of a noble family. Nayeon murmured in surprise,

"Maids from the Imperial Palace are different."

Lalisa responded with a smile.

"They're not that different. And you're far more important to me than the other maids."

"Oh, My Lady..."

Nayeon gave Lalisa a moved look, then hesitated before continuing to speak.

"Um, My Lady—"