50. How On Earth

'What does it mean that Jimin's whereabouts are unknown?'

Because Lalisa was sitting right next to Jungkook, she unintentionally overheard the words Taehyung whispered. Jimin's expressionless features floated into her mind.

'Was he doing something dangerous?'

Lalisa's expression hardened. However, Jungkook's even more terrifying aura was more than enough to make an opponent shrink.

Roseanne, unaware was what happening, ventured forward cautiously.

"Is there something wrong, brother-in-law?"

"...It's nothing. Just like I said, go see the palace with you sister and watch the puppet play. I'll have someone show you around, and if there's any inconvenience, just let me know."

"Ah, yes."

"I have an urgent matter to attend to, so I'll take my leave first. Please enjoy yourself."

Although he swiftly concealed any trace of darkness, his face was still like stone. Lalisa watched Jungkook rise from his seat and wondered what happened, but she couldn't ask in front of Roseanne.

The sisters watched as Jungkook quickly left the room along with Taehyung, then Roseanne turned to Lalisa with an excited voice.

"Heheh, I think he's the best! I didn't think I could send my sister to just anyone, but the more I see him, the more I feel relieved."

Roseanne helped herself to the cookies and hot chocolate on the table. Her love was reassuring to Lalisa, but on the other hand, Jungkook's sharp terse was stuck on her mind.

Lalisa immediately shook her head and dismissed any unnecessary worries. She came here to visit the palace grounds with Roseanne. If she couldn't help in any way, it was better to focus what was right in front of her.

"Wow. Imperial Palace cookies are so different. It's so delicious. Go ahead and try it."

"Yes, I'll eat plenty. If we run out, let's ask for more."

"Should we?"

As Lalisa saw Roseanne smile and laugh, the unease in her mind gradually faded away.

Jungkook seemed to have made many arrangements for their visit. Lalisa and Roseanne were free to roam around the grounds, and they saw many species of rare flowers and trees, rippling manmade lakes, and portraits of long-ago emperors.

That was just the beginning. Inside one of the palaces was a kind of museum that held all kinds of rare artwork. There were also offerings from other kingdoms and a collection of unusual items not found in the Ruford Empire. There were also many buildings on the grounds, and they appreciated the variety of architecture and beautifully decorated gardens.

Both sisters were having a pleasant conversation as they arrived in front of another splendid palace. The servant, who had been silently guiding their path, stood to block their way.

"Ah, you cannot go in here."

Roseanne gave him a questioning look.

"Why? What kind of palace is this?"

"This is where Her Majesty the Empress lives, and you cannot enter without permission."

"Ah, really?"

She looked up at the palace in curiosity.

There was an ornate carriage coming out of the palace. It was going at speed, but a moment was all Roseanne needed to catch a glimpse of a familiar-looking person inside.