60. Somehow It Was Omnious

The wedding was only fifteen days away, and Lalisa found herself swamped in the preparations. Presently, she was in a meeting to decide the kind of flowers to decorate Bellouet Square.

"You can use these white flowers as your main color, then use these red flowers to draw the attention towards certain points of interest. It would look very beautiful, My Lady"

"...Right."

"Or perhaps this yellow one–"

Her head throbbed from staring at the dozens upon dozens of flowers before her. This flower was pretty, and that flower was pretty as well. In fact, to Lalisa, who had little interest in decorating, they all looked pretty. She found it difficult to decide the prettiest among all of them.

"...Huuu."

Lalisa gave a low sigh, and the florist who had been committed to explaining everything to her misunderstood the meaning.

"Is there anything you like? Then we can start again from the beginning–"

"No!"

Lalisa strongly interrupted her. The sheer variety of flowers already made it difficult to choose, and she didn't want to think about anymore.

"It's hard to decide on the flower combinations because they all look beautiful."

"Ah, is that so?"

Lalisa wished she could just pick anything, but the wedding ceremony would be host to the envoys of many other kingdoms and even the public. The prestige of the Ruford Empire weighed heavily in her mind.

'What should I choose?'

Determined, Lalisa finally touched three of her favorite flower combinations. The first was a base of white flowers with a red rose in the center, and the second was a bouquet of a variety of reds and pinks. The third choice was purple lavender.

"For now, I like these three..."

"Oh, those are excellent choices. There are many other combinations, but all the flowers you choose are popular. Which one do you like the most?"

This was the hardest question for her. Choosing three was easy enough, but one?

It was then that Roseanne entered the room, approaching Lalisa's side.

"Oh, are you looking at flowers for the wedding venue? I'm here to ask you about your dress."

Lalisa despaired at having more choices to make. There was not a single detail about the wedding that did not pass her hands first. However, Lalisa kept her head up as she spoke to Roseanne.

"I like all three of these, but which one do you think is the best?"

"Well, they're all pretty."

"I think so too, but I have to choose only one from here."

Even if she postponed the decision until tomorrow, she would still have to come up with an answer. It was better to just do it now.

"Hm–"

Roseanne tapped her chin, and all eyes went on her. She smiled awkwardly at the attention, then spoke carefully to Lalisa.

"You picked these three, didn't you?"

"Yes."

"Then what was your last choice?"

"The purple lavender."

Lalisa pointed her finger to the flowers and Roseanne nodded.

"Then take these."

"They are the most beautiful to you?"