106. There's No Need to be Bitter

Jungkook rarely stayed separated from Lalisa since her injury. Because she had long been confined to her bed, today he carried her to a private garden to get some fresh air.

"Kook-Kookie, set me down. Someone might see."

Her cheeks were hot as she kept glancing around, but Jungkook ignored her protests.

"So what if they see?"

"I'm not a child, and it's embarrassing if you carry me around like this."

"My wife is too shy. No one will blame a husband and wife going out together."

The servants wouldn't say anything to them, but Lalisa was sure they would gossip behind their back. Those who served in the Imperial Palace were human after all, and wouldn't be able to resist a bit of chit chat about their masters' private lives.

"Still..."

Jungkook replied to her continued doubt.

"Don't worry. If anyone says something offensive to you, I'll punish them severely."

He didn't sound like his was joking, and she gave a disapproving frown.

"You can't gain your subordinates' loyalty if you punish them too harshly."

"People's hearts are evil, and we don't know if they are truly loyal. Obedience comes before loyalty."

Jungkook was not wrong; objectively speaking, it was a standard belief for a reason. As Crown Prince, he did not have the luxury to easily place his trust in people.

However...Lalisa was worried about his occasional violent nature. She wanted to show him that the bloody conquest of emperors past was not the only path for him, and politics could be beneficial to his people. That was her small wish.

"You are right, but always remember to be kind. That way, more people will be there to support you if you get into trouble later on."

Jungkook grinned at her words.

"Are you worried about me?"

"Of course. You occupy most of my worries."

"Whatever they are, I like that you worry about me."

At the same time, he stopped at a table in the middle of the garden. He sat down on a chair, and with great strength adjusted Lalisa so that she was sitting on his lap.

"Oh!"

Lalisa gave an exclamation of surprise, and he looked at her, savoring her figure.

"In fact...I once thought that if I was not going to be loved by you, then I would rather be hated."

"Really?"

"I wanted your mind to be full of me, no matter what emotions you felt."

Jungkook's feelings were different from those of ordinary people. Lalisa couldn't define it in a word, but he certainly did not express his affection the way others did. She even discovered something new about it.

'When Kookie doesn't act cute at all, I think he's even more cute.'

In other words, probably only Lalisa saw him that way. From an objective standpoint, Jungkook's actions were not particularly attractive, but she did not mind his greed. She was happy that those intense blue eyes were directed only towards her.

'Maybe I'm strange too...'

She smiled happily as she immersed herself in thoughts of Jungkook.

Feeling somewhat exhausted after being outdoors for some time now, she leaned against his broad shoulder and spoke in a lazy voice.