52. I am Sleeping Now

The Crown Prince's palace was quite large. It wasn't as vast as the Emperor's or Empress' palace, but it was still the third largest on the grounds and boasted an impressive size.

Aside from the largest central building on the Crown Prince's compound, there were also various small and large buildings next to it, such as training camps, stables, and the servants' quarters. The same was true of the accommodation that Lalisa and Roseanne had been placed in. It was a quiet building far away from the central area to provide the most comfort and relaxation.

"Are some of the Empress' men still on the grounds?"

Taehyung, who was walking a step behind, answered immediately.

"Yes, they are."

"Put more watchmen over there. They seem to be hiding, but if you find them, take them away."

"Then armed conflict is inevitable, Your Grace. The Empress won't let this stand. What are you going to say?"

"Do I have to explain myself?"

"...What?"

Taehyung didn't understand at all. Jungkook then replied quietly.

"Kill them all. If we don't leave any evidence, they won't be able to prove that we've taken Jimin in our custody."

"But even without proof, she'll know that you're the one. Is that acceptable?"

"It doesn't matter. They've already gotten away with it too many times."

Despite the violence in his words, Jungkook was relaxed as if he were merely taking a stroll.

"...They'll pay the price for recklessly intruding into my palace."

"Yes, sir."

Jungkook's was more hard-willed than expected, but Lalisa didn't speak out against his judgment. From her perspective, as someone who had been on the battlefield numerous times, Jungkook's mindset was that of an excellent general. Society was concerned that this side of him was too cruel, but when he moved into situations of danger like now, he excelled brilliantly. One should never underestimate the enemy, especially on the battlefield.

"I will go watch for the Empress' men–"

Lalisa spoke before he could finish.

"I will go."

Not only was Lalisa confident that she would leave no evidence, but she knew she could get Jimin out safely even if the other soldiers found her first. The more important the task was, the more she wanted to deal with it herself. Jungkook furrowed his brow, however.

"Taehyung, you go."

"Me?"

Taehyung couldn't hide his surprise when it was Lalisa who volunteered to go.

"Don't make me say it again."

"My apologies. I'll go right away."

With a questioning look on his face, Taehyung quickly lowered his head, then fell away from Jungkook's company and disappeared. When he was completely out of sight, he turned towards Lalisa, his icy eyes flashing in the dark.

"...Lali, you're already trying to break your promise."

Laliaa gazed at him, and she imagined he looked like a black jaguar on the prowl, a bloodthirsty predator that kept its prey on edge. The other soldiers following behind Jungkook momentarily lost their breath at the pressure he was exuding.

Lalisa didn't forget the promise she made.

"You can't ignore me."

"...?"