124. I Wish You All The Best

"This is what I was hiding from you, Young Lady."

Roseanne's mouth was opened in fright. All she knew was that Lalisa and Jimin were somehow connected, but this was the first time she had details of the nature of his work. This was exact confirmation of the danger of his profession, which she could only vaguely guess at before.

'If he's one of Jungkook's men...does this mean he's been serving Lalisa too?'

Roseanne wasn't naive enough to not understand what the blood on his clothes meant. The differences between an assassin and an official knight were sharply divided. Knights would kill in a fair battle, but assassins would kill when given any order. Knights were often of noble birth, while assassins were looked down in contempt for coming from low birth, and their work was usually associated with deceit.

Roseanne's dark green eyes gradually regained their reason. She stared at his bloody clothes.

"Are...are you hurt?"

Jimin's footsteps paused for a moment, but he approached her again. When he got close enough, he cut the ropes binding her hands.

"...Yes. I'm glad that you're alright."

When he leaned in close to her, she noticed the beads of sweat on his forehead. He must have rushed here urgently.

For a moment she wondered if he worried about her, but then she soon dismissed the thought. It was likely he had come here because she was Lalisa's sister and Jungkook's sister-in-law. However, Roseanne was still grateful that it was him who came to her rescue and not anyone else.

Jimin quickly took her delicate hand and led her through the cage. After being completely freed from her cage, she was able to look at him face-to-face.

"...Thank you for saving me."

"Please thank the General and Her Highness later. They mobilized every single soldier to find you."

In truth, it was Jimin who quickly discovered her abductors, and rushed here as soon as he confirmed the information. Roseanne nodded, realizing that her guess was not wrong.

"I will, but...thank you for coming here in person."

"I just followed the directions from above."

Jimin answered in a stiff reply, and Roseanne hesitated before she spoke again.

"...I suppose so. Is that why you went to Blaise mansion?"

"Yes. Her Highness could not tell you anything about me."

"...I see."

"Please don't misunderstand. I don't want the two of you to be estranged because of me."

"I understand. It would have been impossible for Lalisa to tell me about you. I'm also sorry what I said to my sister."

Jimin gave an inward sigh of relief.

"Is there anything else you want to know?"

"...Will you answer everything?"

"If it's possible. I can't give you any confidential information."

"I'm not curious about that. Only..."

Jimin stared at her in slight puzzlement, but she only wanted to know one thing.

"When I confessed, you mentioned our difference in status. After this...what answer would you give to me?"

Jimin was still not a social match for Roseanne, but he was not as lowly as a servant. Because his status was somewhat more elevated, she wondered if his answer to her confession would change.