9. Everyone was Dazed

The next morning, Roseanne guided Lalisa into her room with her small hand. Lalisa's eyes were closed as she blindly groped her way forward, until finally Roseanne stopped.

"Tada!"

At the word, Lalisa slowly raised her eyelids and looked at the scene in front of her.

Immediately hanging before her was the dress Roseanne had taken yesterday. For the most part it looked like her neat white and green dress. The problem before was that the sleeves, waistlines, and skirt were too plain, but now the dress she saw felt completely different from that of yesterday. Lace was added to the sleeves and shoulders, and a mesh with beads was added to the skirt to make it more elegant. The lower neckline showed her bust, and the dress had been modified to emphasize her narrow waist line.

Despite the short notice, the modifications on the dress were almost indistinguishable from that of a professional tailor. She felt her mouth drop open in astonishment.

"You did this yourself?"

"Yes, I did the overall design, but the maid helped me a lot."

"Incredible. I didn't you know had this talent."

She spoke from the bottom of her heart. Since Lalisa was a little girl, she had been completely illiterate when it came to fashion. She always like the traditional and simple rather than dazzling and glamourous. Instead of enjoying the attention of others, she always wanted to blend in rather than standing out, are there was not much to boast about. From a dress to a tea cup, her selections were so lackluster that Lalisa didn't consider herself to be very feminine. She couldn't afford luxuries after her family died anyway, but her tastes were still the same when she lived as a noblewoman. She didn't expect Roseanne to have this gift.

"Do you think I would look good in it?"

"Who do you think you're talking to? You can tell just by looking at it."

Roseanne said lightly.

"Do you want to study this?"

"No matter what I think, Father will say that a woman should be modest and stay home."

Lalisa didn't want to argue with her father, but she didn't want to restrain Roseanne either. If Lalisa became a princess–then empress–as planned then Roseanne would not be so free in the future. But her sister wanted to live more freely than anyone else. If Roseanne wanted a professional job, Lalisa was willing to give her all the support she could.

"Father's opinion is important, but you have to decide your life on your own. I'll help you if you want, so just tell me if you feel that way."

At Lalisa's warm advice, Roseanne nodded and a grateful smile spread on her face.

"Yes, thank you, sister."

"You're welcome. I'm very grateful to you, Mirabelle."

Lalisa's dress was satisfactory, although Roseanne's dress had to taken apart in pieces to provide the lace and the mesh. Lalisa felt a little guilty for having ruined Roseanne's new dress to fix it. From the small to the large, Roseanne thought only of her. A warm happiness filled her body.

"Heh. How embarrassing..."

Roseanne scratched her nose, then pointed to the altered dress and spoke again.

"Would you like to try it on?"

"Of course."

Lalisa hurried to put on the dress with the help of her maid. She thought it would be wonderful to wear a dress that Roseanne create herself from start to finish one day.