116. The Opening Of The Competition

The highly anticipated tournament finally begun. The largest stadium in the empire attracted numerous participants, and tens of thousands more spectators to watch them. Seats were arranged by hierarchy, with commoners filling up the ordinary seats, while the nobles sat on the upper deck overlooking the stadium.

The most exclusive box was reserved for only the Imperial Family, and among them included Emperor Gongyoo, Empress Ophelia, Second Prince Mingyu, and Grand Duke Namgil.

Everyone was in attendance, and they all looked down at the arena with eyes shining with excitement. That also included Jungkook and Lalisa. Lalisa's sharp eyes managed to pick out Namjoon among the assembly of knights.

'...Brother.'

Fortunately, Namjoon had his usual calm, and he had no sign of nervous tension. Lalisa cheered for him inwardly.

It was then that the tournament host's voice echoed loudly in the air.

"Now let's begin the first game, archery. All knights in the first group must stand in their designated positions."

As the host's voice announced the start of the games, all the spectators' eyes turned to the knights in the arena. Not one was left out, and there were a considerable number of people waiting for their turn to shoot their arrows. It was difficult to discern who was who among the crowd of participants.

Anyone who failed to land at least fifteen out of twenty arrows were automatically eliminated. From then on, extra points were awarded depending on how close to the center of the target their arrows landed.

"Let's begin!"

At the host's signal, the first knights in line let loose their arrows in unison.

The sound of arrows slicing through air reached the audience stands. Most of the arrows hit their target, but some of them were wide. Eventually, several of the participants were eliminated.

Finally, it was Namjoon's turn to step up. Lalisawatched with her hands folded over her chest as he lifted his bow and calmly fired his first arrow.

Swiiig!

His arrow pierced the target. It was a bullseye. Although it was only a single shot, Lalisa'a face brightened.

Namjoon fired his remaining shots with effortless grace, packing the bullseye with arrows. Lalisa looked at the judge overseeing Namjoon and read his mouth.

"Perfect score."

Lalisa breathed a sigh of relief. Jungkook, who was watching her closely, smiled.

"Do you see something good, my wife?"

She flushed at the fact that she was so noticeable, but she gave him a small nod.

"Yes. It's the knight I'm cheering for the most."

Although she didn't say Namjoon's name, Jungkook already had a clear idea who she was referring too. He couldn't help the sliver of jealousy that stuck in him at her remark.

"If I had participated, would you have supported me like this?"

"Of course. In fact, I would support you even more."

Lalisa replied without hesitation, and a smile crossed Jungkook's face.

"I think my wife knows me too well now."

"Of course. Who would I be if I didn't know my husband?"

Lalisa's eyes softened as she laughed playfully. Jungkook was being possessive, but even his jealousy at her brother was cute.