47. I am Happy Now

Roseannee had become enamored with Jungkook since his visit to the Blaise mansion and kept asking Lalisa about him.

"Sister, when will you see him again?"

"It's been a while since he stopped by, but it will happen."

"Your relationship isn't a secret anymore, so you should go out on a date. I'm worried you're staying home too much."

Roseanne didn't tire of acting as the Cupid between them. It wasn't just Roseanne either. Even the servants were completely absorbed by Jungkook's visit that day, and whenever the maids saw Lalisa they would say things out of the blue like,

"My Lady, you and the crown prince look very good together."

"...?"

At first she was startled by these casual remarks, but by now she was accustomed to it. Jungkook had swept by them like a storm. Her father's reaction had also changed since the beginning. She didn't know whether it was because Jungkook was the crown prince or some other reason, but he was certainly different. He didn't say anything in particular to Lalisa, but the atmosphere allowed her to appreciate his meeting with Jungkook. She felt like she had made more progress than before, even though she had only introduced the prince to her family.

Life returned to normal, and she found herself busy managing the Blaise's financial affairs these days. When the formal announcement of her marriage to Carlisle would be made and she really would become crown princess, the finances would be left to Roseanne. Lalisa was diligently preparing for that day, hoping to minimize the stress and easing the transition for Roseanne to manage the household.

Lalisa was sitting at her desk with her papers when Nayeon spoke up.

"Oh, it's raining outside, My Lady."

Lalisa lifted her head and saw that it was indeed starting to rain. The hour wasn't late, but the sky was dark.

"Oh, I see."

"I'll check the mansion for any open windows and close them."

"Yes, thank you."

Nayeon stopped tidying the room and left. Lalisa turned her eyes away from the hectic stack of papers and watched the raindrops splash against the window. Not too long ago it would have snowed because of the cold weather, but the rain heralded the coming of spring.

'...I hope it gets warmer.'

Roseanne was sensitive to the cold and was more comfortable during the hot summers. But if someone asked Lalisa what was her favorite kind of weather, she would say a rainy day just like now.

It was when she was staring outside and appreciating the sound of the rain hitting the window that she noticed someone rushing from the garden of the mansion.

'Who on earth is running so urgently on a rainy day?'

She was struck with a sudden curiosity. Nayeon who left to close the windows, now hurriedly came in the room.

"You should come out now, My Lady!"

"...?"

Lalisa gave her a questioning look, and the maid continued.

"Master Namjoon is here."

"...What?"

The unexpected news forced her to leap up from her seat.

*

*

*

As Lalisa hurried down the hall towards the first floor, she saw Namjoon with his raincoat on. Although she hadn't seen him for a while, his tall, disciplined body, short blond hair and blunt expression were just as she remembered it.