168. Do You Like It?

Many people gathered to celebrate Lalisa's pregnancy. After the war with Namgil, the Ruford Empire had become the most powerful country on the continent. The number of envoys from various countries and Ruford nobles was staggering, and the hall was abuzz with people laughing and talking.

"Their Majesties the Emperor and Empress of the Ruford Empire."

A loud voice announced the presence, and the towering door opened. Jungkook and Lalisa appeared together. The Emperor stood tall in an elegant black tuxedo, and beside him, the Empress showed off her beautiful figure, which, were it not for her rounded stomach, was unbelievable for a pregnant woman. At their appearance, the people in the hall spoke with one chorus.

"Hail to His Majesty the Emperor and Her Majesty the Empress. Eternal glory to the Ruford Empire."

As the royal couple strode into the hall, everyone bowed their heads in respect. The two sat at the head of the table and looked upon the party with pride. Jungkook addressed the hall in a loud voice.

"Today is a joyous occasion to celebrate the Empress's pregnancy, so please enjoy yourself."

"Yes, Your Majesty!"

Jungkook's devotion to Lalisa had once been the widespread topic of rumors, but now there was no one on the continent that didn't know how beloved his wife was to him. As soon as Jungkook sat down, he immediately studied Lalisa next to him.

"Let me know if you feel too crowded."

"I'm fine. You must already be tired walking a few steps here."

Lalisa smiled at him in reassurance, and he stroked her cheek with his fingers and smiled back. Because she hadn't been in public for some time, many people in the party had never seen such a smile from Jungkook before. The warmth in it caught several people's breaths.

Despite his doting concern, Lalisa felt very excited about the lavish party, as it had been quite some time since she attended one. The chief butler approached Jungkook and Lalisa and spoke quietly.

"Your Majesty, many people have brought gifts to celebrate their pregnancy. May I start the gift ceremony now?"

"Of course."

Lalisa replied with a happy nod. Under the direction of the chief butler, the names of those who brought gifts were called in order. The first to stand before Lalisa and Jungkook were the envoys from the Kelt Kingdom.

"My sincere congratulations on your pregnancy, Your Majesty. This is a wild ginseng from our Kelt Kingdom. I hope you will have a healthy delivery."

Since the death of Namgil, the Kelt Kingdom had been the most wary of the Ruford Empire, and rightly so. Lalisa received the rare gift with a polite expression.

"This is a precious gift. I accept it."

Lalisa's manner was polite, but she didn't treat them warmly. It was subtle, but there was a sense of distance between them.

The Kelt envoy gave a servile smile and tried to offer a few more words to her, but then he hurriedly left after seeing the expression on Jungkook, who was sitting next to her.

Marchioness Marissa Holland came up to see Lalisa next. She was the noblewoman that had often been kind to her in the Southern provinces.

"It's been a while, Your Majesty. I'm so happy to hear that you're pregnant. I have prepared a gift of lemons, a special produce from the south. Just in case you want to eat some fresh fruit..."

Although the Imperial Palace had lemons, the lemons grown in the south were especially juicy and sour. Lalisa, who had grown up in the south, thought that other lemons didn't taste as good. She answered with a bright expression.