123. Hidden

Jimin watched as Lalisa returned to the palace in her carriage, then immediately went to the area where Roseanne had disappeared. However, when she was nowhere to be seen, so he thought she might have gone back to the Blaise mansion. After receiving a report that she had not done so, Kuhn started to sense that something was wrong and began a search.

Jimin's footsteps eventually found their way to an alley. After investigating the area, he found a witness that informed him that they had seen several suspicious-looking men here. However, there was no other trace of the men after this. Jimin swore when he spotted decorative beads on the alley ground.

"...Damn it."

If his memory served him right, those were the beads that were on Roseanne's dress today. All sense of reason suddenly rushed out of him, and he saw red at the thought of her in danger.

One of Jimin's men finally arrived. Because of his fast speed, it had taken a while for the man to catch up.

"What should we do?"

"First, go inform the General and Her Highness about the kidnapping of the Young Lady Blaise."

"Yes, sir."

Jimin then turned away, and the man looked at him confusedly.

"Where are you going?"

"I'll start first and track her down."

"More information will arrive if you wait a little longer. I don't know where you'll even head alone..."

"We don't have time to wait. If I question all the people who passed by this alley, I'll find something. "

"Aren't there too many people for that? There were already large crowds because of the tournament."

As such, large numbers of delinquents would come to target the nobles. Although the higher nobility had their guards to protect them, lesser nobles were sometimes robbed of their valuables. There were also other nefarious organizations that kidnapped young nobles and demanded ransoms, or took them to other kingdoms to sell at high prices. It was not easy to rescue the victims once they were taken.

Jimin became even more restless, and wanted to see Roseanne safe as soon as possible. He walked quickly through the alley.

"If we comb through this area for her whereabouts...something will have to come up."

He remembered the night he had accidentally run into Roseanne at the Imperial Palace, and she had taken off her dress to deter the knights looking for him. Jimin had later found the knights who had seen her naked body, and carried out his punishment. At that time, he considered it a simple payment for her saving him.

Now, however, his heart burned too fiercely to make the excuse that Roseanne's importance rested on the fact that she was Jungkook's sister-in-law. Jimin's throat tightened, afraid that harm had come to her. Ever since he left Roseanne alone at the Blaise mansion, he had been suffering from some unknown pain. Now was the peak of that anguish. It throbbed and rushed tempestuously through his chest.

'She has to be safe. If she's not...'

At that moment, Jimin's gray eyes clouded with darkness, and then he disappeared in a blink of an eye.

The man's mouth opened without him realizing it. His skills were incredible, but it was the first time the man had seen him so coldly furious.

"...With the way things are, I wonder if he'll slay them all."

Jimin did not hesitate to kill when it was part of his duty, or if he deemed it necessary, but he was not the type to take a man's life for no reason. At this moment, however, it seemed he would not choose to exercise calm judgment.