61. Do I Have to Decide?

Lalisa briefly considered Mingyu's invitation, and then made her decision. Mingyu and Lalisa could never be on good terms with each other. When Jungkook became emperor, Mingyu was one of the first that had to be removed. If the opposite happened, the case would be the same.

In addition to not being able to fight openly, there was no reason to attend a party in the midst of an already fraught political battle. Lalisa had a foreboding feeling. She turned to Bambam and removed the invitation from her desk.

"Please inform him I am too busy with wedding preparations to accept."

"Ah, is it alright to ignore an invitation from the Imperial Family?"

So far, Bambam had received many kinds of invitations, but this was the first time one was delivered to him directly from a messenger of the Imperial Palace. Lalisa would soon become part of the family, and he was worried that she might cause offense.

"I won't change my schedule to attend. Even if it's a party hosted by the Second Prince himself."

Mingyu's parties were extraordinarily exclusive. Many kinds of rumors swirled about them, but a common theme was, "When you attend a party he hosts, you know what heaven is." Access was high in demand for young nobles that wanted to experience a different kind of fun. However, Lalisa had little interest tosuch entertainment, even less so when Mingyu was her enemy.

"Yes, My Lady. I'll inform him that you cannot accept the invitation."

"Thank you."

Bambam exited the room. Lalisa felt a sense of discomfort, but it soon faded after she declined the invitation. She didn't have time to worry about anything else and browsed through the papers on her desk.

*

*

The date arrived when Lalisa and Roseanne stopped by Anco's to see the wedding dress. Lalisa, who had found herself neck-deep in planning, was relieved to finally go outside.

"Ahhh–"

Lalisa took in a satisfying lungful of air. She could sense that the season was changing. Roseanne, who was walking with her hand-in-hand, smiled.

"Spring is coming soon."

"I'm glad the weather is getting warmer.""I'm glad the weather is getting warmer.""I'm glad the weather is getting warmer."

Lalisa was concerned about Roseanne's health, but Roseanne interpreted her sister's words in a different way.

"Me too. For a wedding at Bellouet Square, spring is better than winter."

"I don't mind the outdoors, but there are guests to consider too."

"And while a wedding dress is beautiful, but it's not practical at all. You could easily catch a cold if you were standing outside wearing it."

Roseanne expressed more worry these days, and Lalisa smiled at her sister's sweet concern.

"Yes, you're right."

In the past, it was Lalisa's responsibility to lecture Mirabelle, but now that was changing little by little. Lalisa felt very proud to see her sister grown up.

"Come to think of it, Roseanne, you're a little taller now."

"Oh, really? Thank goodness. I'm so short, I wish I were taller."

"You're still pretty and young."

"...I don't want to look young."

For a brief moment, Roseanne wore a somber smile on her face. It was so different from her usual expression that Lalisa's eyes couldn't help but widen. Her little sister suddenly looked so mature. Lalisa asked carefully,