122. You Don't Have The Right To Say That To Me

"How...how are you two together?"

Roseanne used every resourced she could to find Jimin, when all this time he was by Lalisa's side. Suddenly, she remembered that he had wanted to enter the palace as Lalisa servant. Was there a connection between the two that she didn't know from the start? Come to think of it, Roseanne had first met him at the lodging Lalisa reserved for them. The suspicion in Roseanne's mind gradually grew into conviction.

"The person that made Jimin leave me was elder sister Lisa?"

"What are you—"

Lalisa stared at Roseanne incredulously. She suddenly realized that there were other people around them, which included the nanny, the maid who came to attend her, and the guards. She looked around and spoke in an authoritative tone.

"I would like to speak with Mirabelle privately."

Everyone around her bowed at her command.

"Yes, Your Highness."

The escorts moved away at a certain distance from Roseanne, Lalisa and Jimin. Although not explicitly ordered to, they also kept other people clear of the area. It was only then did Lalisa look back at Roseanne with a more composed expression.

"Roseanne, I don't know what you're talking about, so please explain it to me."

"You should answer my question first. Did you know Jimin before I did?"

Roseanne's expression tensed. It was the first time Lalisa had seen her little sister so angry. While she pretended not to know Jimin when he came to Blaise mansion as a servant, in truth she knew him well before Mirabelle did. It was another in a pile of secrets, including her contract marriage and her previous life.

Lalisa found herself unable to answer, when Jimin spoke up.

"Young lady, it's nothing like that. Her Highness did not pull me out of Blaise mansion. I came here on my own volition."

Roseanne's eyes trembled even more. Jimin, who usually displayed little interest in other people, suddenly took Lalisa's side. It was clear that there was something between Lalisa and him.

"I didn't speak to you, Jimin. Tell me the truth, sister."

The two most important people in the world to her—Lalisa, her most precious sister, and Jimin, the man who had taught her what love was—were standing before her, denying their secret betrayal.

Lalisa had no idea why Roseanne was being so confrontational, but she had no choice but to answer honestly.

"It's true. I've known Jimin for a while now."

Roseanne's expression sank as she heard the confession directly from her sister's mouth.

"Why were you dishonest with me?"

"It's because His Highness—"

"Is it because you like Jimin?"

"What?"

Lalisa stopped mid-sentence. While Roseanne might have suspected some form of connection between her and Jimin, Lalisa never dreamed that it was romantic.

"You think I like Sir Kasha?"

"Yes. Do you enjoy lying to me without me knowing anything? You always do. You never tell me what's really important. If you weren't thinking about getting married, you would have kept Jungkook secret until the end."

Roseanne was upset that Lalisa always kept secrets from her, not only about her relationship with Jungkook, but about all her work. Roseanne was always the last to find out about it from the mouths of other people. While she always spoke to Lalisa before anyone else, her older sister never did the same. All the heartache of being left out finally exploded out of Roseanne.