63. This is Going to be Fun

Lalisa's expression darkened after returning to Blaise mansion and receiving Mingyu's letter.

[It's a pity that you're too busy with wedding planning. I'd like to help you a little, so how about I make you some time? If you refuse again, I have a feeling that things won't go as smoothly.

Please don't refuse this time. – Mingyu]

Lalisa crumpled the letter in her fist, and Bambam looked on in shock. She ignored the butler's reaction and tossed the letter into the trash.

"Ah, My Lady..."

"The Second Prince must find it amusing to look down on me like this."

All the shops abruptly said they wouldn't be able to work, and the letter pointed to one thing–If she didn't accept the invitation right away, Mingyu would sabotage the wedding. Lalisa was dumbfounded for how he dared pull off this insane stunt. This was not just about Lalisa. It was also the first wedding of Jungkook, the Crown Prince of the Ruford Empire. The Second Prince could not openly threaten them, but Mingyu still seemed determined to make a demonstration if she chose to ignore him. Most of all, Lalisa was unhappy having to deal with these little games by Second Prince.

'I can't even show this to the Emperor. No one while testify that it was the Second Prince that made them do this.'

Mingyu had the support of Empress Ophelia and the Anita family, and not even Emperor Gongyoo could lay a finger on his son. Lalisa could not question a prince with evidence and witnesses.

'If I tell Kookie, he won't sit idly...'

She had been with Jungkook long enough to understand his personality. If he found out that Mingyu tried to ruin wedding, he would use extreme means to punish his brother, but that wasn't an appealing thought to Lalisa either. Mingyu only made a slight provocation to force her to attend the party. If Jungkook got involved, it would be an all-out war, and there was no telling what Mingyu would do. It would not stop at childish play. If the wedding ceremony were to be further sabotaged, there would be little time to fix it and it would lead to trouble.

'Why on earth is he inviting me, anyway?'

A foreboding feeling shadowed her since she received the first invitation, but she didn't understand his strange behavior. Was it simply out of curiosity because she was marrying Jungkook? Or was it something else?

Bambam looked at Lalisa's troubled expression and spoke up carefully.

"What are you going to do, My Lady?"

"If he wants to see me so much...then I'll have to accept."

"Are you sure you want to attend? It seemed strange when the message was sent again."

Lalisa's jewel-like eyes flashed at his words.

"I need to go. I need to know who he is."

If Jungkook were to take over the throne, Mingyu would ultimately have to be cut out. Empress Ophelia's and House Anita's influence were great, but without the fact that the Second Prince inherited imperial blood, they were only a little more powerful than the other families. Still, while Jungkook was crown prince, many nobles still believed that Mingyu would overthrow him and become emperor. To remove the threat, they had to defeat the Anita family, overcome Empress Ophelia, and finally face Mingyu.

Suddenly, Lalisa recalled the words Mingyu said to her at the ball.

— Dance with me next time. I'm better than my brother.

Her lips curved in a smile. To her, Jungkook was already beyond her expectations in every way. He was smart, bold and a skilled swordsman. Jungkook was indeed her chosen man.