37. Madonna at the Ball

The man standing on the platform seemed very accustomed to his position, and naturally was selected to host the ceremony to select the Madonna. He opened his mouth broadly to speak, holding a sheet of paper as he pointed to a large ballot box.

"Thanks to your participation, the vote for Madonna went smoothly."

Lalisa looked at the paper in his hand in curiosity and Roseanne quietly explained.

"While you were gone they handed out ballots to each person. I hear the lady over there is expected to be one of the candidates for Madonna."

"Oh, I see..."

Lalisa thought back to the ball in her last life. Her memory was dim, but she seemed to recall voting on such a piece of paper in the past. Lalisa nodded in understanding, while Jennie explained it to her further.

"Since it's an imperial event, they change the way we elect the Madonna each time so it's fair. Last time, I heard that you could nominated yourself and people would line up after you."

"...That's amazing."

She didn't know that the voting method changed each time, as she had only attended once in her last life. But no matter what the draw was, she already knew who the honor would be bestowed upon this night. Lalisa glanced expectantly towards that young lady.

Eunha Necrensi.

The Marquis Necrensi's family were highly reputed as members of the nobility in the capital city. Eunha in particular was a young lady regarded as the Flower of the Capital City. It was no exaggeration to say that Eunha's fine clothing and jewelry led the fashion among Ruford nobility. And in this ball, Eunha was the most beautiful in Lalisa's eyes. She had stunning feminine charm, and was called "A beauty without a smile" because of her proud features. As she was an intense point of interest among young nobles in southern society, Lalisa had heard quite a lot about her.

The man on the platform spoke again.

"First, I will announce the three honored candidates!"

"Oooh-"

Many people whistled and cheered.

"The first candidate is Lady Eunha, the treasure of the Necrensi family and the Flower of Society!"

Everyone applauded and congratulated her as if they knew it was fate. However, Eunha stood up on stage with an indifferent expression.

"The second candidate is the pride of southern society. Lady Yerim, the only daughter of Marquis Selby!"

"Wow!"

Tzuyu squealed next to Yerim. Tzuyu was part of the scheme to give salty tea to Lalisa, and still appeared to be on friendly terms with Yerim. Tzuyu's scream drew more eyes to Yerim. The latter, who had a sour look on her face, raised her head proudly and gave a satisfied smile.

"And the third and last candidate is-"

Lalisa looked puzzled as she listened to the host. It suddenly occurred to her that only a single Madonna candidate was announced in her last life. Come to think of it, why were there three?

"No one expected this hidden gem until today! It's Lady Lalisa from House Blaise!"

Roseanne whooped joyfully.

"Wow! I knew this would happen! Congratulations, sister!"

"Oh, congratulations Lady Blaise."

Following Jennie and Roseanne's congratulations, Lalisa could not help but be amazed. She had already realized that the future wouldn't always flow in the same way, but she didn't expect this to happen. Many eyes turned to the shocked Lalisa. It seemed that yet again she attracted the attention of the nobility tonight. First for her beautiful appearance, then when she was asked the first dance by Prince Jungkook. Now she was nominated as the Madonna of the ball. Perhaps she would be the woman that was most talked about after tonight.