162. Do Not Lie To Me

Lalisa wanted to move, but her body was too weak. She knew that if she lost consciousness here, she would die.

'No, please. It can't end here.'

She lay on the ground as she struggled to stay awake.

From this point on, she would grow old with Father, Namjoon, and Roseanne. She would see her siblings get married and hug her beautiful nieces and nephews.

The baby in her belly would also grow up to be a healthy child, and they would live happily together with Jungkook.

The dream was right in front of her, and it couldn't end here.

'Please...please...'

She tried to lift up her body, but it felt as heavy as soaked cotton. In her ears, she could hear a voice calling out to her from a distance.

"Your Majesty, where are you?"

Lalisa recognized the voice immediately. It was Jimin. She wondered how he got here, but she found it even more surprising that there was still someone around to save her. The surrounding area had already been engulfed by flames, and everyone would have already burned to death.

Nevertheless, Jimin did not give up his search.

"Your Majesty, please answer!"

She could hear the voices of other soldiers from far away. Lalisa felt a ray of hope. If only she could yell, she could tell them she was here...and she might be able to come out alive.

But time was running out swiftly. If she ended up trapped in the ever-growing inferno, there was no way for anyone to reach her.

'They need to know I'm here...somehow.'

She wanted to scream loudly, but she didn't have the energy to do so.

'What should I do? Is there no other way?'

Her strength was rapidly fading, and she weakly turned her head. Her broken bow came into view. She couldn't shoot any more arrows with it, but that didn't mean it was useless.

"Ugh..."

Lalisa grasped the bow, then hit it as hard as she could against Namgil's sword.

Tang! Tang! Tang!

Her signal for help rang out in the fiery air. It wasn't particularly booming, but she hoped it echoed far away enough for it to be noticed.

It was then.

As if Lalisa's desperate wish had reached him, a man soon appeared in the smoke not too far away. He had a handkerchief pressed against his mouth, and he had pale skin and dark blue hair.

"Your Majesty!"

Jimin's usual composure broke, and he stumbled towards Lalisa.

"Forgive my rudeness."

It was normal for him to touch her body under these circumstances, but Jimin still kept his manners out of habit. She wanted to say thank you, but she could barely rasp out a breath from her dry lips. Jimin lifted her with all his strength, and she hung limply on his back.

"I found her! Everyone get out of here!"

The thick smoke obscured everything in the vicinity, but several voices yelled back in reply.

"Yes, sir!"

The flames were more intense in the area where Jimin found Lalisa, and he took a few readying steps backwards, before dashing forward into a running jump. He flew over a fallen burning tree before landing bodily on the ground.