55. So Cute

Bambam  observed Lalisa 's shocked expression.

"Why the surprise? Who could the invitation be from..."

"Who brought this?"

"It was just an ordinary servant. What's wrong, My Lady?"

"...Nothing."

Lalisa  folded the invitation again and placed it back the envelope. It was not wise to disclose the identity of the person who sent the invitation without confirming it first, and she saved her words from Bambam.

"Anyway, thank you. I'll see to the rest of the letters later, so place them on my desk."

"Yes, My Lady."

Lalisa put on a composed expression and headed to her room. However, her mind was whirling storm beneath. She felt like she was becoming entangled little by little with the imperial family. As emperor of the Ruford Empire, Gongyoo could have sent an official edict from the palace, or have a messenger deliver it directly to her. There must be a reason, however, for mailing out a common invitation.

Lalisa 's first thought was that he wanted to see her personally, like the way Jungkook visited Blaise mansion. If it wasn't an official invitation, then perhaps he wanted to do it in secret? She knew that discussion about marriage would come up eventually, but she didn't expect Gongyoo to reach out to her first.

Lalisa opened the door to her room and entered.

'...It's a pain.'

Whatever Gongyoo's intentions were, she intended to share her thoughts will Jungkook on this issue. Until now she was accustomed to acting on her own, but several of her experiences led her to conclude that it was better if the both of them solved problems together.

She made to tie a red handkerchief to the window out of habit, but then paused.

'Ah, Sir Kasha is wounded now.'

He was probably recovering somewhere, and summoning him would be useless. At the same time, she half expected him to show up too. She imagined that he would come in nonchalantly and ask, "What did you call me for?" However, while the bodyguard Lali knew he was injured, Lady Lalisa was supposed to be ignorant of his current condition. She wondered what would happen if she tied the handkerchief as if she didn't know anything, but she soon closed her mind to it.

'Just let him rest.'

If he really did show up injured, he would try to hide it. She placed the handkerchief back in the drawer, then walked to her desk and wrote a brief letter to Jungkook. Although there was little chance of the contents being read by anyone else, she kept the details vague just in case.

She sealed the letter for Jungkook in an envelope, then looked over at the invitation sent by Gongyoo.

For some reason her heart was restless.

*

*

The day after Lalisa sent the letter to Jungkook, a visitor arrived from the Crown Prince's palace early in the morning. When Lalisa heard the news, she hurried into the drawing room and saw Taehyung waiting for her. He looked at her respectfully, very unlike when he was dealing with Lali.

"W-welcome."

Lalisa  pretended to greet him awkwardly, and Taehyung replied with a bright expression.

"Good morning, My Lady. I apologize if I've arrived too early."

It varied, but some families often got up around lunchtime and started the day late. The nobles who did not have to worry about their livelihoods were not obliged to wake up diligently every morning.