164. So Lovely

News of Namgil's death took some time to spread. Both internally and externally, it was believed that he was currently leading an army towards the border.

As soon as his death became known, the war quickly ended.

The first to abandon the campaign was the Kelt Kingdom, as they had no reason to continue the war without him. Without the Kelt Kingdom's support, the state of Lunen was forced to surrender under Jungkook, and was brought back under the control of the Ruford Empire. Although Namgil—the main instigator of the rebellion—had died, all of his supporters would be duly punished.

Jungkook organized all this as quickly as possible, then led his soldiers back to the Imperial Palace in the capital post-hate. It was for one reason: His wife was pregnant.

Jungkook and Lalisa sitting next to each other in a gleaming carriage that was rapidly headed towards the capital. Soft cushions were placed on the seats for Lalisa's comfort, but Jungkook continued to fuss over her like a mother with a sick child.

"Are you uncomfortable?"

"I'm fine."

"Is there anything you want to eat?"

"I just had lunch."

"But you should be eating a lot when you're pregnant. If you're hungry, tell me immediately, alright?"

Knowing that she couldn't stop him, Lalisa replied with a smile.

"I know. You don't have to worry over me too much."

Even in the early stages of pregnancy when she was deprived of proper food and sleep, Lalisa remained strong until now. Compared to her time in prison, this was truly heaven. Jungkook kept asking if she was lacking in anything, but she couldn't help but feel overly pampered.

"Don't say that. If there's anything you need, just tell me. It is my greatest pleasure to give you anything you want."

Jungkook leaned over and stroked her forehead. Ever since their reunion, he used every moment available to feel her warmth in his arms or touch her, as if to reassure himself that she was still by his side. Lalisa gave a faint smile every time she felt his gentle touch.

"You're already here next to me. What more could I want?"

Jungkook's brow crumpled, but a moment later, he tried to suppress a teasing smile.

"When you say that, I almost want to take out my liver and gallbladder for you."

He cupped Lalisa's face with both his hands, then kissed her—on her forehead, nose, cheek, lips. His hot mouth tickled her face, and Lalisa's head shook as she giggled.

"That's ticklish, Kookie."

She looked cutely up at him with pink cheeks, and he almost wanted to devour her... but her health was the top priority, and he lowered his hands again.

His wife was with child, and they couldn't have a passionate skinship. A constant desire burned through Jungkook's skin, but he held it back, fearing that her body would be overwhelmed.

"Don't look so cute, my wife. It's...it's painful for me."

Jungkook smiled, then pecked Lalisa's cheek for the last time and settled back into his seat. His voice was a soft murmur as he spoke.

"I can't wait until the baby is born."

Lalisa nodded understandingly at Jungkook's words.

"Neither can I. I can't wait to hold our child in my arms."