129. Thank You Very Much

After all the guests arrived, Lalisa finally began the commencement of the meal. She stood up from the head of the table, holding her wine glass and thanking all those who gathered here tonight.

"Thank you all for accepting my sudden invitation. The food has been specially prepared, and I hope you will enjoy it."

She lifted her wine glass, and everyone else lifted theirs in response. It was a graceful way for the ladies to elegantly communicate without hitting each other's glasses. Lalisa smiled and made her closing comment.

"I hope everyone will have a good meal."

Several of them called out "Yes, Your Highness!" and soon after, the room fell into comfortable conversation. Numerous servants appeared, carrying plates of food and setting them before the guests.

"Oh, isn't this from Restaurant Shelly?"

"Really? I haven't been able to make a reservation because it's always full."

The main chef today was from the most well-known establishment in the capital. However, even the chef hesitated at cooking at such short notice for a dinner party. It was through Jungkook's efforts that he had been able to procure the chef for her.

— I'll do anything for my wife.

Lalisa recalled Jungkook's mischievous grin, and a smile came to her lips without her even realizing it. Compliments began to spread among the nobles during the various courses.

"Oh, I can feel the juices in my mouth."

"The meat is divine."

The popularity of the food among the guests caused Lalisa's mood to rise. The nanny quietly approached Lalisa from behind and spoke.

"I have an important message."

Elena nodded slightly, and the nanny leaned in closer and whispered in her ear.

"The Empress' troops around the Crown Prince's palace have been withdrawn."

It had gone just as planned, and Lalisa smiled from indescribable joy.

"Thank you. Now try to get some rest."

"Yes, Your Highness."

The nanny withdrew after delivering her message. Lalisa lifted her fork and knife and continued to enjoy her meal like the other women. The food looked delicious, and when she placed it in her mouth, it flowed richly down her throat. Everything was going smoothly, and she was able to enjoy her dinner with ease.

***

After-dinner refreshments included dessert and tea. Lalisa was engaged in light conversation with the guests, when she noticed Eunha leaving the banquet hall and going to the terrace alone. She had been wondering about the woman's goodwill towards her throughout the evening.

Lalisa did not suffer curiosity for long, and she politely excused herself before following Eunha towards the terrace. Once she was outside, the revelry of the banquet hall faded away, and the terrace was comfortably peaceful.

"Lady Necrensi."

At Lalisa voice, Eunha looked back.

"Oh, Your Highness."

As she bowed her head to pay her respects, Lalisa drew closer.

"Why are you out there? You haven't spoken to anyone in the banquet hall."

"I don't enjoy interacting with people very much."

Eunha did not get the nickname "The beauty without a smile" for nothing. She had a reticent nature and wasn't as involved with the social chess game, but with her stunning looks and fashion sense, many young ladies followed her as an icon.