173. The Teddy Bear And The Lady (2)

Jimin walked towards Roseanne, then stopped at a close distance. Roseanne, who was watching the scene with a stunned expression, pinched her thigh with all her might to make sure she was not dreaming. She grimaced and gave a cry of pain.

"Ah!"

Jimin looked at her in surprise.

"Are you all right?"

"Ah, yes! I'm fine."

Only then did Roseanne belatedly realize what she had done. She must look like a crazy woman hurting herself out of nowhere. This important moment could have been ruined because of her.

But she couldn't help it. This didn't seem real. Jimin standing in her room... It seemed like a fantasy that would blow away like dust before her. She was forced to confirm that it was real. The only problem was that once she had done so, she wanted nothing more than to disappear into the ground in embarrassment.

'What should I do? Does he think I'm weird? I don't know where to look.'

But she couldn't bring herself to speak. She dreamed so much about him that this didn't feel real. Her face burned with shame. She awkwardly cleared her throat and pretended to act casually.

"So...how have you been so far?"

It was a simple, courteous question. But it was a different question she wanted to ask.

Did you come because you missed me? Do you finally have the courage to hold my hand?

Already, her head was full of expectations that he would end her wait. If he answered that way, she would have no regrets dying at this moment.

Finally, Jimin moved his thin lips.

"I came to the Freegrand Kingdom for business, and Her Majesty sent along some supplies with me. Here is a letter from Her Majesty the Empress."

Jimin formally took out a white envelope, and Mirabelle accepted it silently. She felt like someone had dumped a bucket of ice water on her head. Her hopeful expectations were immediately dashed. Reality and her imagination were completely different. This was not a dream, but real. He only came here under command, and he had no desire to see her for himself. He was only present because she wanted to see the man delivering the supplies, and that man happened to be Jimin. That was all.

Roseanne stood as frozen as a statue for a moment as she controlled her bitter emotions.

"I see. Oh, I'm late, but congratulations."

"I heard you became a baron. I hadn't had the chance to congratulate you in person until now."

"Thank you."

Roseanne had already heard that Jimin became a baron some time ago. Although it was a low position, that fact that he became a nobleman did not change.

So, once upon a time, Roseannehad high hopes. If the reason he pushed her away was because of the difference in social status, then he might return.

But quite a while had passed since then. Jimin had rejected her because of a difference in status, but later she realized that it might not be the reason all. He simply had no feelings for her, and refused her confession in a way to not hurt her feelings.

But Roseanne smiled as if it was alright. She wasn't a little girl who would toss away her entire heart anymore.

"There's a guest room for the person who brings the supplies every year. You may stay there until you return to the Ruford Empire. If you're not comfortable here, you can ask the maid for other accommodations."