160. We Finally Met

As Lalisa pursued Namgil towards the Kingdom of Jenar, she recalled the last battle she fought in her last life.

The Battle of Whirlena.

It was a battlefield where Lalisa painstakingly planned an operation to kill Namgil. She was confident she could win. Every advantage was in her favor, and her sword fighting abilities were at their peak. And yet...

There, Lalisa was beheaded and killed by Namgil. She would never forget those final moments.

Compared to then, Lalisa was in a worse position now. She hadn't slept well recently, and neither had much to eat. While she was much stronger than when she first returned to the past, she wasn't confident enough to say that she could beat Namgil.

But there was one significant change—the situation now was more urgent than ever before.

'...I can't lose.'

In the past, she had hunted down Namgil to extract her bitter revenge, but she was the only potential casualty. This time she had people who were important to her—people that were living, and people that she had to protect. The difference was enormous. Lalisa couldn't die here.

She and her troops continued to sweep every path from the state of Lunen to the Kingdom of Jenar. At last, Chisu approached her with an urgent look on his face.

"Your Majesty, we have finally located Grand Duke Lunen."

"Where is he?"

Lalisa's jewel-like eyes suddenly flashed in the night. It was finally time to settle the decades-long grudges.

She spotted Namgil's party from a distance. As expected, he and about fifty or so soldiers were swiftly moving towards the Kingdom of Jenar. Normally they might have been too quick to catch up with, but they were unaware that another group was in hot pursuit.

That didn't mean Lalisa was left with much time. Only a little longer, and Namgil would soon be at the Jenar Kingdom. She had to kill him before then.

One of her knights approached from behind and gave a report.

"I scouted the terrain as you ordered, Your Majesty. The roads ahead are only forest roads."

"Thank you."

When she finished speaking, the knight gave a respectful bow. Time was short, but their movements had to be careful.

Lalisa mentally mapped out what actions she should take, and she soon made her decision. She looked towards her knights and spoke in a calm voice.

"From here on out, we'll sneak ahead into the forest. There aren't many Lunen soldiers, so we can confuse and scatter them while concealing our numbers. It will give us an advantage in the beginning of the fight."

Tracking Namgil up to this point had been an exhaustive journey, and it wouldn't be easy for the Ruford knights to overtake him. Nevertheless, now that victory of the war depended on the Ruford knights, the increased impossibility of the task only made them more determined to succeed.

Lalisa's plan was clever as well. It was easier to surprise a smaller group of enemy soldiers, and the Ruford forces could remain well-hidden within the trees. The uncertainty of an invisible enemy was far more terrifying than an open battle. If the Ruford knights could remove as many of the soldiers away from Namgil as possible, they had a better chance of killing him.

Chisu gave a quick nod of admiration.

"That's a good plan."

Lalisa looked around at the knights she had become familiar with in a short period of time.