175. [Side Story] A Typical Political Marriage (1)

As usual, one could find Namjoon brushing up on his sword fighting in the training hall. He practiced constantly to keep his vow to protect Empress Lalisa. He would never let anything as dangerous as Namgil happen again, and if it did, he would take care of it with his own hands.

Namjoon's sword cut fiercely through the air, when one of his knights approached him.

"The commander is waiting for you outside."

At those words, Namjoon's swordplay halted. It had to. The one that he called commander was his father, Hyunbin.

"...What brings him here?"

"I don't know. I told him that you were training. What will you do?"

Hyunbin was the commander of the Fourth Order of the Imperial Knights, and Namjoon was a leader of a group within it. No matter that they belonged to the same Order; there were not many occasions when the commander and a group leader interacted in the same space. Namjoon and Hyunbin did not run into each other unless it was a special occasion, and they both accepted this as normal. It was the first time Hyunbin visited Namjoon since the latter joined the Fourth Order.

'What brings him here all of a sudden?'

What's more, Hyunbin did not directly come into the hall to see him. Given that a message was given through a subordinate, Hyunbin likely wanted a private visit. The suddenness of it was a mystery from Namjoon's point-of-view, but he would soon find out what it was anyway. He lowered the sword in his hand and replied.

"I'll be ready soon, so please bring him to my office."

"Yes, sir."

The knight bowed and quickly left to carry out the order. Meanwhile, Namjoon strode in another direction. He had to change his sweat-soaked clothes before meeting Hyunbin.

Namjoon arrived at his office with fresh clothes, and Hyunbin was already sitting and waiting for him. Namjoon spoke politely to the commander.

"What brings you here?"

Namjoon was just as straightforwardly blunt as his father.

"I'm here to talk about your marriage."

"Marriage?"

"Yes. You need to get married soon. How long are you going to stay single?"

"I..."

Namjoon's words caught in his throat. He knew something important might be brought up, but he didn't expect it to be about this.

"It's already quite late for you. Considering the rest of the family, you should start your own family soon. You are the oldest son, so don't think about getting married later than Roseanne."

Namjoon hadn't the heart to contradict his father. After Lalisa and Roseanne found their partners, he vaguely considered that he had to get married as well. Lalisa was married and now the Empress of the Ruford Empire, and Roseanne was currently dating Jimin. Among them, Derek was the only one left.

"Are there any prospects?"

"Yes. The Morris family daughter is good."

"If it's the Morris family..."

"Before Her Majesty married, the Morris family previously proposed to her."

Namjoon nodded. The family name was familiar to him.

"I've met them a few times, and the Morris family are suitable in-laws. Their daughter is old enough to marry, so please see her."

The fact that Hyunbin, who rarely gave praise, complimented the Morris family meant that he was quite impressed with them. Namjoon wasn't inclined to get married immediately, but he had no reason to refuse. Meanwhile, Lalisa and Roseanne found their own respective loves before a family match.