178. [Side Story] Child of the Dragon (2) [END]

There was something strange about the sudden change in 's demeanor, and the maid peered at him closely.

"Are you alright, Your Highness?"

But Seol's eyes were only fixed on the maid's neck.

The red blood pumping underneath her skin made him feel greedy.

'I want to drink.'

Only one thought occupied his mind. Just as Seol's reason faded and he was about to tackle the maid, a voice called out to him from behind.

"Seol."

A scolding voice spoke, and Seol turned back. There Jungkook stood with a fierce look. The maid belatedly realized the Emperor's presence and hurriedly bowed her head.

"Greetings to His Majesty."

Jungkook stared at Seol as if the boy was guilty of something, and spoke in a low voice.

"How long has Seolbeen like this?"

"What? What do you mean...?"

"That's enough."

Jungkook gave up on extracting further information from the maid, then turned to Seol. He seemed to know what Seol was hiding. The boy was terrified.

'W-what should I do?'

But Seol's worries were useless. Jungkook left his escorts behind him and picked up Seol's small body.

"Son, there is something we have to talk about as men."

Seol looked up in Jungkook in despair, worried that he might be in trouble. Jungkook walked forward with his son in his arms, and issued an order to his escorts.

"I have something to say alone to Seol, so leave."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

And so, Jungkook took Seol somewhere.

Jungkook went inside a room. The palace was so large that there were countless unused spaces, and this was the nearest one. After confirming that no one else was here, Jungkook released Seol from his arms. He looked at his son and spoke in a serious voice.

"Tell me honestly. When did it start?"

"Father, I, uh..."

"Since when did you start feeling the thirst for human blood?"

Jungkook really did know about his condition. Seol's eyes immediately began to fill with tears.

"I'm sorry, Father."

At the same time, Seol pulled off his shoes and showed his scaly feet to Jungkook.

"When I woke up from a nap my feet suddenly changed like this. And when I came out, the people smelled good, and it was hard to hold back."

Jungkook carefully listened to Seol speak. Fearing his father's presence, Seol cried even more.

"Uwaaah—"

Jungkook rubbed Seol's back to settle him.

"Why didn't you tell me or your mother right away?"

"I'm sorry. I thought you would be like this."

Jungkook's face hardened. It was as if Seol had hit some sensitive spot.

"...You don't have to worry about that."

"Papa, why am I different from other people? I'm afraid I turned into a monster."

Jungkook stared at Seol for a moment without answering. Then, he raised his right arm and struck it hard on the desk.