99. Tonight We Will

Lalisa spent days mulling over what to do.

She had received a clear confession from Jungkook, but she hadn't given him the same in return. He might already have some idea of her feelings, but there was a difference in his candid words and her ambiguous ones. Now matter how embarrassing it may be to tell him her feelings, she didn't want to remain in this ill-defined state. She wanted to give him an equally heart-pounding confession.

"Where would be a good place?"

She wanted to go somewhere with a little more atmosphere to impress him. She wondered what expression he would make after she confessed to him.

Since returning to the past, Lalisa only ever focused on defeating Namgil, not giving much thought to what she would do afterwards. Until now. After Jungkook became emperor and the threats were eliminated, she imagined herself living a happy life by his side. She had once seen their relationship as contractual, then it grew to something more, and when she fully realized the feelings of her heart, she vowed to stay with him until he no longer needed her. Now that she knew that their desires were aligned, there was no need for further divergence.

'Can I be this greedy?'

Nothing was organized yet. Empress Ophelia and Namgil were still alive and had their sights set on the throne. Lalisa didn't want to put off being honest with Jungkook anymore.

I love you the same way.

After a moment of hesitation, Lalisa gathered up her courage and opened her mouth to speak.

"Kookie..."

Jungkook, who had been silently eating opposite of Lalisa, lifted his head to look at her.

Not long ago, Lalisa hadn't understood what that flame in those cold blue eyes were. But now she knew. The passionate heat in them was reserved only for her, a reminder that his heart was hers.

"Do you have time this evening?"

"What is it?"

"You asked if I wanted to go out and get some air. It's been a long time...I would like to go out."

"Very well. Is there anything in particular you want to do?"

"No, but I'll work out the schedule so you don't have to worry about it."

Lalisa's words caught Jungkook by surprise.

"You'll do it yourself, my wife?"

"Yes, if you would allow me."

"I can't object to anyone you want."

Jungkook offered a gentle smile. In the past, Lalisa thought that he liberally gave these smiles to other women and scolded herself for harboring unnecessary fantasies, but in truth he really only smiled this way for her.

Lalisa heart began to pound again. Nowadays, just looking at Jungkook would do that to her, as if there was some fault with her heart. She was embarrassed that she was unable to express these uncontrollable feelings, and she glanced down quickly, hoping that Jungkook wouldn't notice the heat on her face. She cut her food methodically and placed it in her mouth. He studied her for a moment before speaking.

"Do you have something planned?"

"What?"

"I don't want to leave because you look beautiful when you eat."

Lalisa choked on her food. Jungkook was even more flirtatious lately, and she didn't know how to react now that she knew he was not acting. In the past, his words would have easily passed her by, but now she became hyper-aware of everyone else around them. She was unused to receiving so much affection.