121. How Are You Two Together?

The tournament ended with an enthusiastic and captivated audience. Namgil left the stadium and arranged a secret meeting place at Woobin's request. When he heard the spy's report, he was stunned.

"You're saying that the man that was Lord Namjoon today...was the Crown Princess?"

"Yes. It may be difficult to believe, but I saw with my own eyes Lord Namjoon lying in the waiting room. The only person that had been alone with him was the Crown Princess."

"...Ha."

Namgil gave a sharp bark of laughter. Unlike his smiling face, however, his eyes were still dark and cold.

"So the reason why she was injured during the ambush was because she was defending Prince Jungkook."

"Yes, My Lord."

It was certainly an incredible story. Even though the Blaise family had served as knights for the Imperial Family for generations, it was surprising there was a woman among them as skilled as she was. While Ruford Empire did not allow women's advancement into the military, it didn't make sense that the family would hide the daughter's skills.

However, while more questions were raised for Namgil, other riddles were being solved. He carefully pondered this new information, murmuring to himself in a low voice.

"...It's unclear if Jungkook made a meaningless wish on the Dragon's Orb, but he has reaped an unexpected harvest."

Although it wasn't clear whether Lalisa's fighting abilities were due to the Dragon's Orb, she did wear it as a ring. Namgil might have made a crucial mistake without knowing this information. Knowing the enemy's secrets was vital to winning.

Namgil nodded with a satisfied expression.

"Very well. It was beneficial to have you on this job."

"Thank you, My Lord."

"No one knows you've noticed this?"

"No."

"That's better."

A deep smile creased Namgil's mouth. Lalisa would be reclassified as one of Jungkook's most dangerous allies, and the advantage of surprise would be no longer hers.

Woobin carefully spoke.

"Do you wish for me to inform the Empress?"

"That's not necessary."

Namgilanswered quickly, and Woobin glanced upwards. The duke continued with a strange smile.

"I must wait until either the Empress or Crown Prince are taken out. The Ruford Empire rests strongly on them, and I cannot confront two powerful forces at once...thus, they can weaken each other by fighting."

The Empress may stand to lose if she didn't know Elena had a secret strength.

"You mean..."

"I may be holding the Empress' hand now, but it's no matter to me if Jungkook wins their little fight."

In Lalisa'sfirst life, Ophelia's and Namgil's alliance was established only because Jungkook died first. However, Namgil didn't care if Ophelia had died instead, as long as any Imperial forces weren't turned against him.

Woobingave a deep bow.

"Yes. I understand."

"We should keep this secret to ourselves. Even if the last one standing is Jungkook, he will still prove useful."

Namgil looked down at Woobin with a pleased expression.

"Tell me your wish. I will generously reward my servant."