77. Test The Water

Lalisa's mind managed to recover as she made her way out of the training hall, but her racing heart wouldn't calm.

Jungkook's words still burned in her ears.

— I'll teach you how to kiss and breathe.

Wasn't it said that the first time trying something was difficult, and the second time was easier? She wanted to question why Jungkook was doing this all of a sudden, but she remembered she had allowed it to happen.

'...I can't act shy like this.'

They were not married long, but already intimacy was creeping into their relationship. Although they didn't sleep together because of the contract, they had already had two passionate kisses like an ordinary couple. The heat of them still tingled on her lips. Lalisa shook her head to dispel her imagination.

'I need to pull myself together.'

At this rate, she would be swept away by him, but she couldn't allow herself to. She still had so much to do to make him the emperor.

Lalisa rested a hand on her pounding heart.

'...Calm down.'

It was not a bad way to keep people from trespassing Jungkook's private training hall. However, no matter how much Lalisa repeated to herself "It was just a kiss," her mind didn't seem immune to this kind of touch.

She gave a defeated sigh. She walked towards the direction of her room, when the maid from earlier this morning hurried up to her and bowed.

"Your Highness, you have a visitor in the palace."

"Visitor?"

Lalisa had invited many people from the reception to come by, and she wondered who among them it would be. The maid was quick to notice Lalisa's thoughts.

"She says she's Your Highness' nanny..."

"What?"

Lalisa's scarlet eyes widened at the unexpected guest.

*

Lalisa's footsteps raced as quickly as her mind.

'The nanny is here!'

Lalisa had sent a letter to the nanny asking her whether she was well, but made no mention about the wedding or Jungkook. She didn't expect the nanny to come in person, but her heart was glad. The nanny had filled the hole in the family after the Countess died, and raised the young her and Roseanne since they were children.

She finally arrived at the parlor room.

Just as she took hold of the doorknob, she suddenly remembered she had a breakfast appointment with Jungkook. She had run away because of the sudden kiss, and had probably left him waiting without a message. Lalisa turned back towards the maid who had been following her right behind.

"Please tell the Crown Prince I have a sudden visitor and I cannot join him for breakfast. We can dine together next time."

"Yes, Your Highness."

The maid hurried away to deliver the message. Lalisa braced herself, then opened the door to the parlor room.

In the lavishly decorated space was the nanny sitting primly in her chair. She still had the same white hair pulled back in a tight hairstyle, just like the nanny she had missed since her last life.

"Nanny!"

Lalisa abandoned her usual manners and rushed towards the nanny. Upon seeing her former charge, the nanny gave a warm smile and spoke in a kindly voice.