139. There Are Many Similarities

"Understood. I will try to get everything done as soon as possible. Will you write to your family first?"

Lalisa nodded with a satisfied smile at Yoongi's prompt attention to duty. He gave her a pen and paper, and she wrote a message for the Emperor's nobles allies that Jungkook was alive and well. She turned her attention to composing a letter for her family next, but she scrapped it several times. She felt it was not enough to deliver them simple news. In her last life, Namgil had destroyed her family and seized the throne. This time, as long as they were safe, she would ensure it would never happen, but she always had to consider the worst in mind. Lalisa and Jungkook could unexpected be killed or injured at any moment.

Lalisa finished composing her letter for the noble families instead, then handed it over to Yoongi.

"Secretly inform the allies listed here that the Crown Prince is still alive. I'll write a separate letter for Blaise family."

Yoongi gave a respectful bow.

"Yes, Your Highness. Let me know as soon as you finish writing it. For now, I will deliver your message to the noble families you have indicated."

"I look forward to working with you."

Once again Yoongi bent at the waist, then hurried away.

Lalisa contemplated blank white sheet of paper in front of her for a few moments, before setting pen to paper. The recipient of the letter would be her father, Hyunbin. She wrote of how she and Jungkook were safe, and that the troops needed to be moved soon to stop the Empress. Then finally, she wrote her last request.

[For the sake of Roseanne's safety, I urgently ask that you send her to the Freegrand Kingdom to study abroad. The situation in the Ruford Empire may soon turn chaotic.]

Lalisa had always intended to help Roseanne as much as she could, but now there was no better time to send her sister to a safer place. Her father and brother were in no position to leave the country as part of the Fourth Order of the Imperial Knights. Rather than try to avoid an unfortunate future, Lalisawould try to fight back, but her heart could rest easier if she could protect at least one family member. And so, Lalisa managed her best.

***

Time flew by swiftly as Lalisa made her preparations. She knocked on Jungkook's bedroom door, carrying medicine and bandages, and a voice replied from within.

"Enter."

Permission given, she carefully pushed open the door and went inside. Jungkook seemed to have already anticipated her appearance. He looked much more relaxed than before, but Lalisa was able to see the subtle changes in his emotions.

"You're seriously injured, and you haven't been treated properly yet. Show me the wound."

Jungkook undid several buttons without hesitation, then crossed his arms and pulled off his shirt. It was a brazen action, and soon his hard abs and tight torso came into view. Lalisa become momentarily dizzy at the sight. His slim waist was still wrapped by the makeshift bandage made from her dress.

She lowered herself before him and carefully unwound the torn clothes.

The wound was finally revealed, and she frowned deeply as she saw the angry red flesh. It was worse than she expected.

"It must hurt a lot."

Despite his injury, however, Jungkook's expression remained unchanged. Even Lalisa had forgotten for a while that he was hurt. His injury was hers too, and her heart throbbed at the sight of her wounded husband.

Sensing her worry, Jungkook lifted a hand and stroked her hair in gentle reassurance.

"It's alright. It would be far more painful to see you get hurt."