144. To Reclaim The Throne

As soon as Lalisa entered the Crown Prince's palace, she shouted up at the stunned soldiers staring at her.

"Help the rest who came with me!"

"Ah, yes, Your Highness!"

Archers from behind the parapet wall shot down arrows to protect the soldiers dressed like Lalisa.

At last, the elite soldiers were safely able to enter the Crown Prince's palace without a single one losing their lives. As soon as they arrived, however, they looked surprised at seeing Lalisa's identity.

"M-my god."

"The leader...was Her Highness?"

From behind the shocked figures, the key figures descended hurriedly from the palace wall. Taehyung stammered in surprise.

"Y-Your Highness...since when?"

Lalisa looked at the figures gathered around her.

"Some people know me already, and others don't. Before I married the Crown Prince, I was a secret knight named Lali."

"...!"

Most had never met Lali, but Taehyung and Jimin had when she concealed her identity with a helmet. In particular, Taehyung had been openly hostile towards Lali, and his expression immediately paled.

Lalisa hadn't intended to reveal it, but there was no faster way to get into the palace. Not to mention, Ophelia must have already heard about her combat abilities after she fought off the soldiers at the cliff. Therefore, she decided that she had no reason to hide it.

Lalisa looked back at the people gathered around her and spoke quickly.

"The important thing now is that His Majesty is fighting a battle outside the Imperial Palace. We need your strength to take over the grounds as soon as possible."

Taehyung replied with an astonished expression.

"What? His Majesty?"

Taehyung was not the only one surprised at the unexpected news. Everyone else looked at each other with wide eyes.

"The previous Emperor is dead, and the Empress is in control of this place. We almost fell to the Empress' hands. We are now fighting with our noble allies to enter the Imperial Palace, so we must open the gates for him."

It was a brief explanation, but enough to give the others a grasp of the current situation. The soldiers of the Crown Prince's palace knelt down, including Taehyung and Jimin.

"Understood, Your Highness!"

Everyone's voices rang out as one. It was time for the soldiers of the Crown Prince's palace to assemble.

***

Jungkook had not yet broken through the gates of the Imperial Palace. The palace had been designed to withstand a long siege, and despite Jungkook's impressive army, it was still less than sufficient.

Paas!

Jungkook's steel sword pierced the neck of an enemy soldier, who gurgled blood and collapsed bodily to the ground. Smith from the Casey family swiftly came to his side.

"It won't be as easy to get through those gates as we thought."

"I thought so too. It's too well defended to simply break through."

"We have the upper hand for now, but if we don't get those reinforcements, we'll take heavy casualties."

Jungkook's eyes turned towards the firmly closed gate, and he spoke in a steady voice.