67. If that was What You Desire

"Hello. It's been a long time, My Lady."

"How are you...?"

Jimin spoke in his usual composed manner, but Roseanne was not calm at all. After parting from the Crown Prince's palace, she had wondered when they would see each other again.

And now he was suddenly in front of her, asking to be an employee of Blaise's mansion. She had long imagined her reunion with him, but she never thought it would be like this.

Roseanne stood frozen, and Jimin quickly walked forward in her direction. There was no reason for him to come close so suddenly, and as their distance gradually narrowed, Roseanne forgot how to breath.

He completely passed by her and closed the door to the drawing room.

Jimin needed to keep their conversation from leaking out. There was only one reason he was here—To capture the unknown power that infiltrated Blaise's mansion and bring them to Jungkook. It was better to exercise caution, even if there was no sign of other people in the vicinity.

It was only then did Roseanne realize that Jimin approached her to close the door. However, just being near to him caused a flush to suffuse her face.

"Are you here because I asked to see you again?"

"Yes."

It was a lie. He wouldn't have appeared in front of her again if it weren't for Jungkook's order.

"Thank you. Is your last injury healed?"

"I'm fine now."

Jimin's reply was short, and Roseanne didn't know how to further the conversation at this unexpected meeting. She had painted this scene countless times in her head, but now her mind was blank, and she was anxious that he would leave again now that he kept his promise.

"The..."

Roseanne's eyes turned back to Jimin as he spoke in a soft voice.

"The injury made it harder for me to move my body the way I used to."

"What was wrong?"

"I was seen by the doctor, but I was told that full recovery would not be possible."

"Oh..."

Roseanne's expression turned sad. However, everything Jimin was saying was a lie. It's purpose was to get him employed at the mansion.

"So now I'm going to live a normal life."

"So you're...?"

"Yes. I'm here to keep my promise with the Young Lady and get a job."

Roseanne's eyes widened. She had worried that Jimin would leave her again. The pair silently stared at each other when—

There was a knock on the drawing room door, and the butler Bambam stepped in.

"My Lady, is the interview—"

Bambam stopped speaking when he sensed the strange atmosphere in the room. He stared at the two people inside. Roseanne glanced over at the butler who had just walked in, then turned right back to Jimin. A strong sense of will burned in her eyes.

"Butler."

"Yes."

"I've decided to hire him for our house."

"What?"

Bambam's mouth dropped open. So far, all the employment contracts had been made after he and Roseanne consulted with each other. She had never made the decision by herself before, and moreover, they already had all the necessary personnel. She looked towards Jimin as she spoke.