Chapter 1

1264 words

_____

Y/N walked up to the doors of the pizzaplex, wearing her uniform. For a daycare worker, it was a pretty boring uniform, just a white top with a name tag, the name tag had a sun and a moon icons on it. She could wear pants of her choice, that being a nice pair of jeans. Once inside, Y/N felt herself being picked up. She internally screamed, until she realized it was the one and only Foxy. He laughed at seeing her face.

-"Ay, you be too easy to scare, lass!"

Y/N smiled at him, pushing nose glasses back up the rim of her nose.

-"You just catch me off guard too much!"

She jumped down from his arms, and a map bot shoved a map in her face.

-"Take this map."

She smiled at the map bot, taking it. The map bot wheeled away, and she opened the map to look at where the daycare was. Foxy peered over her shoulder.

-"Come with me, fox pup, I can just take ya there."

Y/N nodded at him.

-"That would be great, Foxy."

Y/N and Foxy made their way to the daycare, just chatting. Foxy stopped Y/N at the door.

-"Is something wrong?"

-"Aye, lass.. The attendant is not the nicest of us, please do not let him get you down like Jae did.."

Y/N frowned at the mention of Jae, he was awful to her, and took a toll on her mental health. But how bad could a daycare attendant be? Especially compared to Jae. Y/N smiled at Foxy.

-"I won't, how bad can a daycare attendant be?"

-"Very bad, lass.."

Y/N was a little unnerved by Foxy, but once they went into the daycare, it was washed away by the bright colors and music. She set down her purse at the counter, spotting a fazwatch. She slipped it on, and it's showed her the tasks of the day. She clocked in with her ID on the computer. A pop-up appeared on the screen.

-'The attendant has been alerted of your arrival!'

Y/N was excited to meet her new co-worker. She sat up from the desk, looking around. The daycare was so colorful, so cheery. This was truly her place to be. She heard some bells jingling, and she looked behind her. She saw a pair of legs with baggy pants, striped with red and orange. She looked up to see a sun-themed animatronic. His expression was unreadable, a little annoyed. She smiled up at him.

-"Hey! My names Y/N! You must be the attendant, I'm your new coworker!"

She reached her hand out to him. He backed up a tiny bit, like how you retreat back when your grossed out or uncomfortable with something. Y/N tilted her head, confused.

-"Sun."

Y/N continued to smile at him, but retracted her hand. She felt her wrist buzz, and looked over at it. It was an incoming call from Foxy. She was about to press accept, but then looked back up at Sun.

Sun raised his eyebrow, why had she paused before pressing accept, usually people just picked up their phone and walked away. He watched as she pressed decline, putting her attention back on him. He was a little surprised, but didn't show it. Vulnerability was bad. Last time he had been vulnerable with someone, he had come to regret it.

Y/N declined the call, it was rude to walk away from someone in the middle of talking.

-"Sorry about that, Sun! You have a nice name, it really fits you, quite literally! I hope we can be friends!"

Y/N pushed the glasses back up the rim of her nose, it was a habit of doing it whenever she felt uneasy. She was about to say something else, but then there was a sound of a kid falling into the ball pit. Y/N looked over, that must mean to daycares open. Sun walked away, towards the ball pit without another word to Y/N. Y/N went back to the desk, all she had to do was take attendance, then she could help Sun with the kids. She watched as kids came in, marking them down. Once she finished, she was unsure of what to do first. Y/N looked around, there were kids playing House, Tag, Hide & Seek, and some kids drawing. She decided to go draw something, Y/N wasn't amazing at drawing, but she was pretty good at it. She sat down at the table with some kids, grabbing a paper and pencil. She began to sketch out some rough shapes, and a kid peeked at her work.

-"Woah! You're really good at that!"

Y/N looked over at the kid and smiled.

-"It's really easy, want me to show you?"

-"Yeah!"

Y/N flipped the page over, then started slowly to show the kid how to draw like they did. The kid began to draw on the back of their own paper.

-"Oh, by the way, I'm Jax! What's your name?"

-"My name's Y/N! It's a pleasure to meet you, Jax!"

Jax began to finish his drawing.

-"Can we be friends, Ms. Y/N?"

-"Of course!"

Y/N smiled at Jax. He picked up his drawing and showed it to her. It was barely half as good as hers, but Y/N didn't care. She smiled wide.

-"You did amazing! Keep going, see what you can make on your own!"

Jax smiled, flipping his paper back around and began working again. Y/N began working on her own drawing again, connecting the shapes to make a body. She looked up at Sun, and found that he was staring at her. She quickly looked back down, the glance was all she needed anyway.

After a while, Jax tapped Y/N on the shoulder. She looked over, and Jax held up a drawing. It was of him and Y/N sitting at the table together, drawing.

-"Jax, that's amazing!"

-"Thank you, Ms. Y/N.. Here, I want you to have it."

He pushed the drawing towards her, Y/N carefully took it.

-"Aw, really? Thank you so much Jax! It's beautiful!"

Jax smiled, and Y/N gave him a big hug. Just then, they heard Sun shouting above all the noise.

-"Alright kids! It's time for nap time, go into the nap time room!"

The kids all got up, going to a room with blue doors. Y/N picked up her drawing and put it behind the desk. Sun looked around to make sure all the kids were in the nap time room, then locked them in. He walked over to Y/N, tossing the keys to her.

-"You're gonna be the one locking and unlocking the doors now."

-"Oh- alright!"

Y/N smiled at him, he did not return it. Y/N adjusted her glasses, pushing them back up her nose.

-"By the way, I made something for you."

Sun raised an eyebrow, and Y/N picked up the drawing she made, holding it out to Sun. He stared at it for a second, then slowly took it. He stared at the drawing. He took a sharp breath in, tightening his grip. Y/Ns smile faltered, and she looked down.

-"You don't like it?... It's fine if you dont! I'm not the best at drawing!"

Sun looked back at her, he looked a little sorrowful.

-"Y/N."

She looked back up at him.

-"Run."

-"What?"

And then the lights went out.