Chapter 28

975 words

______

When Y/N woke up, all her left eye saw was darkness. There were bandages over the side of her face. From her uncovered eye, she saw the clean white walls of a hospital. All she heard was the constant beep of her heart monitor. Her heart rate picked up. The white walls of the room reminded her of the mental hospital she had been in a few years back when...

-'𝘊𝘢𝘭𝘮 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯, 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘳. 𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘦. 𝘐𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘢 𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘭 𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘭.'

For some reason, it reassured her, despite coming from Glitchtrap. Y/N relaxed on the pillow.

-"You're awake.."

Y/N jumped, looking over at the voice. Sal sat in a chair near the bed, looking at her with wide eyes.

-"You're awake.."

-"It hasn't been that long.."

-"Y/N, it's been four days.."

Y/N then remembered her conversation with Glitchtrap. Four days, but it felt like not even a second had passed.

-"The scratch on your face.. Y/N.. It's going to leave a permanent scar. It was too deep. It's a miracle your eye wasn't hit."

Y/N looked down. Sal called in a doctor to let them know Y/N was awake.

Y/N was finally let out after another two days, and she walked into her house for the first time in days. It felt empty and bare. There was no life to it. Y/N was on sick leave for another three or four days to adjust to being out of the hospital. Y/N walked to a counter in her room, it was one of those things a lot of girls have to do their makeup, it had a big mirror, and a chair. She pulled the cover off of the mirror. The bandages were still covering the half of her face. She slowly started to take the bandages off, and she saw a scar covering the entire side of her face. It was the exact shape of the claw marks Moon had left in her face. Y/N quickly put the bandages back over her face, hiding it away. Sal had been taking care of Jax at his house, and had insisted on keeping Jax until Y/N was fully healed.

It was the second day Y/N had been home. She was alone in her house. It felt sad, and lonely. She spent most of the day just sitting on the couch, staring blankly at the TV as it played shows. Night fell, and she hadn't moved. Y/N hadn't eaten since she left the hospital, since they forced her to eat. Suddenly, she heard a knocking noise at the door. She jumped, looking over. Who would be here this late at night? She got up slowly, and cautiously walked over to the door. She slowly opened it, peering out. She saw a familiar star pattern on dark blue pants. Before she could react, Moon swung the door opened all the way and jumped at Y/N, hugging her. They fell to the ground, and Moon squeezed Y/N tightly. He started shaking, and sniffling. Y/N was frozen for a second, but then pet his head, hugging him back. After a minute, he let go of her, looking at her face. His eyes widened and he reached to touch the bandages on her face. He quickly got up and closed the door, turning back to Y/N. Y/N got up and looked back at him.

-"What are you doing here?"

-"I wanted to see you again.."

Moon picked her up in his arms, walking over to the couch and sitting down with her in his lap. He looked into her eyes, softly stroking her face on the bandaged side.

-"Can I see..?"

Y/N hesitated, then reached up for the bandages. Moon placed his hand over hers, taking the bandages off with her. His eyes widened as the scar across her face revealed itself. He ran his index finger down one of the four scars. Y/N looked down and brought her hand back up to cover the side of her face, pushing Moons hand away. He sighed, taking her hand away from her face and looking at the scar with a much more calm look now.

-"Don't hide it.. Scar or no scar, you're just as beautiful as the last time I saw you, more, even."

He leaned down and kissed her on the cheek where one of the claw marks were. He barely pushed against it, so not to hurt her, since it was still relatively new. He hugged her tightly, and Y/N hugged him back. She layed her head on his chest, and he layed down on the couch with her on top of him. She pulled her legs up closer to her, and closed her eyes with her head still on Moon's chest. He reached down and planted a kiss on her head, relaxing. Moon closed his own eyes, it was odd that he was able to charge by sleeping like a human, but he would not complain.

When Y/N woke up, she was alone again, there was a pillow under her head and a blanket on top of her. There was something on her head, she reached for it, taking it off and looking at it. Moons hat. She pulled it close to her, and the stars glowed a golden yellow. She heard the sound of paper crinkling coming from inside the hat. She pulled the hat away and shook it, and a folded piece of paper fell out. She picked it up, unfolding it.

-'Can't wait to see you again. - ☾'

Y/N still felt tired. She set the note down on the coffee table, smiling. She put the hat back on and pulled it over her eyes, closing them and lying her head back down.