Chapter 9

1132 words

____

When Y/N came back to work the next day, she had a highly caffeinated cup of coffee. She made her way to the daycare, clocking in.

-'The attendant has been alerted of your arrival!'

Y/N sat down at the desk, setting her purse down. She took a big sip of her coffee. Y/N grabbed the clipboard and pen, going around the other side of the desk. She heard bells jingling, and looked over at Sun. She gave him a wide smile.

-"Did you sleep?"

-"I got a few hours in before my alarm went off, then I got a really strong coffee."

Sun pet Y/Ns head, running his hands through her hair. She smiled, chuckling a little before pushing his arm away.

-"Hey Sun?"

-"Hm?"

-"Why was Moon so freaked out about parts and services?"

Sun seemed to tense up, just like Moon did. Y/Ns smile faltered.

-"I-if you don't wanna say it's fine.. I'm sorry for bringing it up.."

Sun quickly put his hands out in front of him, waving them in a 'stop' motion.

-"No, no! It's fine! We'll.. We'll talk during naptime.. It's a long story."

He put his hand back on her head.

-"Just please don't be upset.."

Y/N looked back up at him.

-"Oh, I'm not upset!"

Just then, a kid fell into the ball pit. Y/N and Sun looked over, and Y/N marked the kid down. Sun made his way over, and Y/N began to mark down the other kids coming in. Jax ran up to Y/Ns side, patiently waiting. Once Y/N finished putting names down, she set the clipboard at the desk. She looked down at Jax.

-"Ready to draw?"

-"Yep!"

Y/N and Jax made their way to the craft table.

Y/N locked up the nap time room, going over to the desk. She leaned over the desk, grabbing her phone. The lights flashed off, and she glanced around. There was no sign of Moon. Y/N put her phone in her pocket. As soon as she did, someone grabbed her arms. She was pulled into a hug by someone.

-"We have a long talk ahead of us, Y/N."

Y/N was reminded of her question to Sun. Moon was going to explain why he was so freaked out about Parts and Services. Moon picked Y/N up, beginning to rise into the air on his wire. Y/N closed her eyes tight. She was still paranoid about the first incident. Moon set her down on a hard wood surface, and she opened her eyes. They were on the balcony. Moon took Y/Ns hand and led her behind the curtain into the room. He sat down on the couch with her. Moon took a deep breath, and Y/N looked over at him.

-"So.. My whole freak-out about going to Parts and Services.."

-"You don't have to tell me if-"

-"No.. I need someone to talk about this to.."

Y/N nodded, and Moon seemed to think for a second.

-"It all started a couple years ago.. There was this girl named Lucy.. She had the same job as you. We weren't like this back then. She quickly became one of me and Suns closest friends. We trusted her with everything. We never doubted her."

.
.
.

𝙈𝙤𝙤𝙣 𝙬𝙖𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙞𝙣 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙢, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙨 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙖 𝙥𝙤𝙥𝙪𝙥 𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙙.