Chapter 37

1091 words

_______

Once Y/N and the other two went inside the house, Jax went to watch cartoons in the living room. Moon scooped up Y/N in his arms, holding her close.

-"Now it's time for you to get some rest."

-"No, I need to take care of Jax, I'll be fine."

She tried to get out if his grip, but he tightened his arms around her.

-"Y/N, I love you more than you could ever imagine, and if you're not going to take care of yourself, I will."

He walked to Y/Ns room with her, sitting down on the foot of the bed.

-"Who's gonna take care of Jax? I need to-"

-"I'll take care of it."

Y/N tried thinking of more excuses.

-"I did rest though! At the park!"

-"You need more than that."

She sighed, defeated. She had nothing else. Moon put his hand under her chin to make her look up and over at him. He leaned down and kissed her. Y/N kissed him back, at least she wasn't too sick for this. Something slipped into her mouth, something sweet and had strong taste of blue raspberry to hide the amount of melatonin in it. A Moondrop candy. As soon as Y/N realized what happened, Moon pulled away and put his hand over her mouth to prevent her from spitting it out. She glared at him, but soon enough felt her eyes begin to droop, and the world around her disappeared.

Moon held Y/N for a bit longer after she had been put to sleep by the candy. He didn't want to let go of her, but there were other things he less wanted but more needed to do. Moon carefully layed Y/N down on her bed, her head on her pillow, and he pulled her blanket over her. Moon leaned down and gave her a kiss on the head, then went to her purse, grabbing her phone. She had no password on it, so Moon could easily open it. He looked through her contacts until he came across Sals number. He pressed call, and put the phone on speaker as he walked out of Y/Ns room, closing the door behind him. The phone rang for a few seconds, before a voice answered.

-"Hey, Y/N, what's up?"

-"Go to Y/Ns house."

-"Moon?! The hell are you doing with Y/Ns phone, and what did you do-"

-"I said go to Y/Ns house. Questions later."

-"Fine! But-"

Moon hung up the call, going back to Y/Ns room and setting her phone on her night stand. He walked out to the living room where Jax was. Jax avoided Moon's eye, focusing on the TV.

-"Sals coming to pick you up. Y/N is sick."

Jax paused for a second, then finally looked at Moon.

-"Mom's sick?"

Moon was caught off guard by how Jax had called Y/N 'mom', did he really see Y/N that way? Moon pushed back his thoughts for later, and a slight burning sensation spread in the back of his head, but he pushed that back too, focusing on what he said before.

-"Yes, and she needs rest. Sal is going to take care of you until she gets better, whether he likes it or not."

Jax frowned, but then focused back on the TV, seeming to instantly lose his train of thought. Moon walked into another room, where he was completely alone.

-"Sun, keep the lights in the house on until this passes over.. I can feel that other virus Vanessa gave us trying to take hold."

-'But what if it effects me too? I can't fight it like you can.. And for once, I feel it too this time.'

Moon froze for a second, this wasn't good in any way.

-"In that case, I'll keep the sweatshirt on."

Moon walked to Y/Ns room, grabbing his normal baggy pants, and his shoes. He went and changed back into his normal clothes, but kept the gray hoodie on, which kept him as Moon, even in the light of day, and in the house. He set the pants he'd borrowed in Y/Ns dirty hamper, and set his shoes out on the mat near the front door of the house. He sat at the foot of Y/Ns bed as he waited for Sal to arrive. After almost an hour, the doorbell rang. Moon shot up, running down to the door. He opened it a crack, looking at who was there, and sure enough, it was Sal. Moon swung the door open, quickly grabbing Sal and pulling him inside, closing the door behind them. Sal looked up at Moon, stunned for a second, then grew angry.

-"You better explain what the fuck you're doing here, and why you had Y/Ns phone!"

-"She's sick, and you need to take Jax until she's better."

-"That still doesn't explain why you're here, she's gonna be fired if management finds out that she brought you with her!"

-"She didn't bring me with her. I followed her."

-"What the hell man! Why did you stalk her?"

-"Jae."

Sal stopped running his mouth at the mention of the name.

-"What about Jae?"

-"He found her at the pizzaplex and threatened her. I didn't want her to go home, but she did anyway."

-"If he shows his face ever again, I'll beat his ass!"

-"Just take Jax and go!"

Moon grabbed Sal by the wrist and dragged him to the living room where Jax was. Sal glared at Moon angrily for a second, then turned to Jax, his expression softening.

-"Hey, bud, we're gonna go back to my place for a few days."

-"Is she gonna be okay?"

-"I'm sure Y/N will be okay, kiddo. Don't worry too much about her. She always bounces back."

Jax got up and went to his room, packing his backpack with some things he'd need. He put his jacket on and went to the front door, putting his shoes on. Sal took Jaxs hand and went out the door with him, but he glared at Moon with hostility. Moon closed the door behind them, sighing. He locked the door, walking to Y/Ns room. He layed down next to her, getting under the blanket with her. He wrapped his arms around her. At least they were alone now, even if she was sick and asleep. Moon kissed Y/N on the head, then closed his own eyes, going into sleep mode.