Chapter 14

1300 words

_____

Jax had been under Y/Ns care for a week now, marking the two week mark that Sun, Moon and Foxy disappeared. Y/N was trying her hardest to keep it together, but even with Jax by her side 24/7 she felt like she was breaking. Y/N was at her night shift, Sal was watching Jax while she was out. Y/N stared in the mirror in the restroom. The small crack that had appeared on her face had spread, and she looked like an old porcelain doll, or a window when someone screamed loud enough. Y/N looked away. She was repulsed by the sight of herself. She walked out into the lobby, it was dark and quiet. She felt tears begin to fight their way out of her eyes. Y/N felt something hit the back of her head, hard. She took a sharp breath in, and the world began to spin around her.

Y/N woke up in a dark room, a bright white light hung above her. She tried to move, but she was tied to a chair. In front of her, she saw two beady red eyes. 

-"Hello, Y/N L/N."

Y/N knew that voice. The lady in the white rabbit suit stepped out. Vanessa. She was in that costume. What was she going to do to Y/N? Did she hurt Sun and Moon? Y/N struggled against her restraints. Y/N tried to say something, but there was a rag in her mouth that tied around the back of her head.

-"Looks like there's nobody to save you now. Foxy left you. Sun and Moon left you. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘰𝘯𝘦."

Y/N struggled more. Vanessa walked up to her, putting the tip of a knife to Y/Ns neck.

-"Nobody will come for you. Nobody will save you. Nobody loves you."

Vanessa took the knife away, dancing around Y/N in circles.

-"You should really be thanking me. When I kill you, you won't have to suffer anymore."

Vanessa stopped in Y/Ns face, pulling the rag off her mouth.

-"anything to say?"

-"Who'll take care of Jax.."

-"Oh, Y/N, our dear friend Sal will. I'm sure he'd take Jax in to honor your life, and keep something of you alive."

Y/N looked down. What else 𝘥𝘪𝘥 she have? Everyone had left her. And if she did die, Jax would be in good hands. Y/N felt like she was being watched, but not by Vanessa.

-"I see you're thinking. Here, let me make it easy for you to come to terms with your death. You are broken, Y/N. I've been watching you. I know that you feel despair and heartache with every waking second. Jae really did hurt you, didn't he. Enough to drive you crazy. Moon was right Y/N, but he was also wrong. You 𝘢𝘳𝘦 hurt, but you are also crazy. Allow me to ease your suffering, Y/N."

Y/N stared at Vanessa with wide eyes. She was right. If Y/N would just let Vanessa kill her, all her suffering would be over. She could forget about Jae and all he did to her. Y/N looked down. She nodded, Vanessa was going to kill her, to ease her pain.

-"Jax is going to be taken care of.. I have nothing left to lose."

-"You truly don't. You are alone Y/N. You are a sad, lonely soul. One who has been trampled time and time again by those you opened your heart to. Yknow, you and Moon have a lot in common... You both trusted someone, but it only led to your destruction. The only difference is you continued to open your heart to others.. But now look where you are. What remains of you has been stomped on, and left to die."

-".. Tell them I'm sorry."

Vanessa tilted her head.

-"Who?"

-"Everyone. Sun, Moon, Foxy, Sal, Jax. I'm sorry. I'm sorry to them that I'm going to let you kill me."

-"Unfortunately I can't arrange that. But you will come to terms with it in the afterlife."

Vanessa raised her knife. Y/N let her head down, ready for a killing blow. But she heard the sound of doors bursting open. She heard loud, booming footsteps accompanied by soft ones that were followed by bells jingling.

-"Aye! Ye get ya filthy paws off me fox pup!"

Y/N looked up, and saw Foxy tackle Vanessa to the ground. Vanessa struggled under Foxy, but he was too strong. Moon dropped down next to Y/N and untied her. He grabbed her hand and ran, dragging her along with him. She looked back, and saw Vanessa flick a switch on the back of Foxys head under his hair, and he fell limp. Y/N planted her feet into the ground, pulling against Moon's grip.

-"Foxy!"

Moon tugged Y/N, but she kept trying to go back toward Foxy. Vanessa wiggled out from under him and escaped into the shadows. Moon tugged Y/N harder, dragging her with this time. He ran to the daycare with her, running in and slamming the door behind them. He sat down against the wall and pulled Y/N into a tight hug. Y/N hadnt felt his cold embrace in a long time. She felt tears begin to fight their way out of her eyes.

-"I'm sorry we weren't there sooner.. We had to wait for the perfect time to strike.. I.. I heard everything."

Y/N let out a small sob, digging her face into his shoulder. Had she really almost let Vanessa kill her? Had she let Vanessa manipulate her into being okay with death?

-"I saw her knock you out.. I ran as fast as I could to get Foxy.."

-"Why?"

-"Why what?"

-"Why did you come for me? You disappeared and wouldn't even show your face. What did I do wrong for you to disappear on me?"

Moon sighed, running his hand through Y/Ns hair.

-"You didn't do anything wrong.. It was me."

-"Why?"

Y/N spoke shakily, and Moon stroked her hair once again.

-"I can't say.."

Moon took Y/Ns arm, and started to pull her sleeve above her wrist to check her wound from the other week, but she pulled it back down.

-"Y/N-"

-"It got worse."

His grip tightened on Y/Ns arm greatly.

-"What?"

-"Everything got worse.."

He let go of her arm, laying his head on hers.

-"None of what she said is true, Y/N. You aren't crazy.."

He raised his head up, grabbing the sides of Y/Ns head to make her look at him. He used his thumb to wipe a tear off of her cheek.

-"You aren't alone."

Y/N looked down, and Moon wiped another one of Y/Ns tears.

-"And you won't be again."

-"You can't guarantee that.."

-"Yes I can. Me 𝘢𝘯𝘥 Sun can and will guarantee that."

Tears restarted their flow out of Y/Ns eyes. She hugged Moon again tight. The door of the daycare opened. Moon looked over, and Foxy stepped in. He crouched down next to Moon and Y/N. Moon put his pointer finger in front of his mouth to do a shushing motion. Foxy nodded, as much as he and Moon hated each other, they had come to an even ground-- just this once-- to save Y/N. Foxy pet Y/Ns head, he felt bad about disappearing. Yes, he was mad, but for two weeks? Too far. Foxy did not know why Sun and Moon had ignored her, but as much as he wanted to loathe them even more for hurting Y/N, he did the same thing. He would make it up to Y/N.