Chapter 56

1351 words

______

When Y/N woke up, she felt slightly empty, and the reason was more than clear. She felt an odd form of grief, what if she never saw Eclipse or Lunar again? They'd left her life as suddenly as they'd joined it. She got up and got ready for work, going to wake up Jax.

Jax was clearly nervous for his first day at school, seeming uneasy as he ate his breakfast. Y/N zipped up his jacket, as it was getting cold out, and helped him get his backpack on. Y/N had put on a smile for him, but it didn't reflect how she felt at all. It usually didn't. Y/N strapped Jax in his car seat, and drove off.

As they pulled up to Jax's school, he was fidgeting with his jacket hood strings. He looked nervous. Y/N unbuckled him, and saw his nervous look. "Hey, Jax, it'll be alright! I'm sure you'll do fantastic."
Jax still didn't look convinced. Y/N reached into her bag, pulling out Moons hat that he'd given her, "here, kiddo. This is one of Moons hats, you like him, right?"

Jax nodded. "Well, I'm sure he'd want you to be brave," she placed the hat on Jax's head. "Be brave for me, and for Mr. Moon. . . And Mr. Sun too. And I'll take you to see then sometime, and you can tell them how brave you were!"
Jax nodded again, starting to smile as he gazed into the golden stars glowing on the hat.

"But you can only tell them that you were brave if you 𝘣𝘦 brave right now. Let's go," Jax took her hand and they walked up to the doors, where other parents were taking their kids inside. Jax stopped short a few feet, shaking his head.

"Come on, Jax, you can do it! Just think of how proud Mr. Sun would be of you, that you went all on your own!" She playfully flicked the star on the end of Moons hat, which rested upon Jaxs head. Jax clung to her leg. Y/N crouched down, pulling out her phone. "Come on, how about a photo so I can show them ahead of time? Would you like that?" Jax nodded, and Y/N opened the camera app. She and Jax smiled, the school in the background, and Y/N snapped a photo. "Come on, go inside, Mrs. Amy is waiting for you."

Jax nodded, smiling now, and ran inside. Y/N sighed tiredly, her smile dropping. She went back to her car, driving off to work.

.
.
.

As Y/N walked to the doors of the daycare, and took a deep breath, and put on her normal smile. She looked at the time— she was so late! She was gonna be in trouble for sure. She opened the doors of the daycare, looking around. The kids were all doing their own thing, and she didn't see Sun. She stepped inside, closing the door behind her. She clocked in, and he usual alert popped up.  Suddenly, someone grabbed her wrist tightly, and memories flashed in her mind.

"Where were you?!" Sun demanded. Y/N took a deep breath, looking up at Sun. "I'm sorry- I had to take Jax to school and—" Suns eyes widened in some kind of realization, and he let go of her arm. He took her hand carefully. "It's okay, Sunshine.. I'm sorry." He squeezed her hand. "I forgot you enrolled him in school.. I'm sorry I got upset."

He looked back at Y/N, seeming to notice something off about her. "Is something wrong? You seem.. A little upset. And not about my yelling."
Y/N nodded, "yeah.. I'm fine. Just had to say goodbye to a few friends recently.. And I'm scared I won't see them again.."

Suns expression softened, a sympathetic look forming. He hugged Y/N, petting her hair.

Sun tried to comfort Y/N, but he himself needed comfort. Something strange had been happening to him and Moon, and he was stressed out. Since last night, Sun had begun to grow more aggressive, not acting himself. Him and Moon felt like something had entered their mind, and was doing something to them. Y/N let go of him, looking at the kids running around. "It feels weird being here during the day without Jax.. I usually spend the entire time with him, now I'm not sure what to do."

Sun took her hand again, glancing at the kids running around. "We could spend some more time together.. Although there will be a lot of kids around, we can still be together more than we used to."
Y/N looked at him and smiled softly. "That sounds nice." She tightened her hand around his. Sun started walking back to where he was before Y/N arrived, taking her with him by the hand. Like Sun said, although there were a lot of kids around, they did get to spend more time with each other.

.
.
.

As the lights flashed off, Y/N got ready to leave to go to the Glamrocks. Moon hugged her from behind, resting his head on her shoulder. "I'm sorry about your friends, Starlight.. Is there anything I can do to help?" He asked. "No.. It's fine, Moon, really. Dont worry about me." She smiled at him. Moon sneakily kissed her cheek, then let go of her, standing back up. He took her hand, and they walked out of the daycare. Upon reaching the stage area, Bonnie already had their usual booth set up. Y/N and Moon sat down, Y/N had built up some pretty good relationships with the glamrocks— even Monty, after someone had told her what happened that night, she gave him the benefit of the doubt and forgave him, and since then they had gotten quite close as friends. She had also settled her argument with Foxy, and they were on good terms now. He even sat with the Glamrocks on Y/Ns breaks.

As everyone settled at the table with drinks and pizza, Moon began to feel odd. Like something was trying to take control of his body. Like he did when the virus was trying to take control, but it was different this time. Y/N pressed against him in a subtle loving way, holding his hand. He tightened his hand around hers, which lay on the table as she chatted away with the other animatronics. Moon didn't hear what they were talking about, much less cared. He pressed back against Y/N, seeking comfort in her touch. Y/N looked up at him, "everything okay?" She asked. Moon only nodded, leaning slightly to lay his head on hers. He closed his eyes, focusing on nothing, only hearing Y/Ns voice above the noises made of a jumble of other voices.

Y/N was talking to the Glamrocks about Jax, and his first day of school. "Oh, that reminds me! I got a photo!"

"Oh, you 𝘨𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘢 show us, Rockstar!" Bonnie said enthusiastically. Y/N pulled out her phone, opening her gallery. She pulled up the photo of her and Jax in front of the school, Jax wearing Moons hat. "Aw, so cute, the little lad!" Foxy remarked. He and Jax had become buddies after a while. Moon tried to peer at the phone, but it was just out of view. "Can I see?" He asked. Y/N nodded, flipping the phone to show Moon.

"He was really nervous. But I was able to talk him into it. I promised him I'd show you the photo today."

"Why 𝘮𝘦?" Moon asked. "He really likes you guys, if I didn't know any better, I'd say he saw you as father figures, you spend so much time with me and him." She smiled at him. "He's awful lucky to have a mother figure like you," Moon said, smiling warmly at her.

"Yeah," Foxy agreed. "A real lucky lad." The rest of the Glamrocks all shared their agreements as well. Y/N looked back at the photo. "Heh.. I guess he is.."