Chapter 6

1266 words

_____

Y/N had ended up laying their head back down, but then the lights went out. Y/N barely had time to process. She went to tear her hand away, but Moon tightened his grip greatly. Y/N took a sharp breath in, he had her, she was going to die! . . . Moons thumb rubbed her hand. She looked up at him, he was looking down at their hands, his eyes still red instead of purple. What was going on? Not even yesterday he wanted to kill her, and had wanted to for the entire time she worked there.

-"You're afraid of me, aren't you."

She looked up at Moon again. He gazed into her eyes. She slowly nodded. Moon sighed, looking away.

-"I'm not going to hurt you. Not right now anyway."

-"Not right now..?"

-"I can't help if it hurts you later."

-"What?"

-"Are you leaving this job anytime soon?"

Y/N was not a fan of him dodging her questions.

-"No."

-".. Do you want to hurt us back?"

-"Back?"

He looked into Y/Ns eyes, and then she knew what he meant. He was asking if she wanted to hurt them because of how Sun had hurt her.

-"No.."

-"Why are you so nice to us.."

-"I just want to be your friend.."

He mumbled something, but Y/N couldn't make out what it was. She yawned, laying her head back down.

-"Come on, sleeping on that desk isn't good for you."

Moon stood up, and Y/N followed as he tugged on her hand. Where was he taking her? He started to hook onto the wire. As he did, Y/N tore her hand out of his grip, backing up. He looked over at her. Y/N shook her head, afraid there would be a repeat of her first day, but without Foxy to save her. Moon walked up to her. He placed his hands around her waist, pulling her up. Y/N dug her fingers into his shoulders, holding on tight. She was scared he was going to drop her. Moon began to slowly rise in the air with her. Y/N felt her hands start shaking. Her nails dug into his shoulders more. Y/N closed her eyes. She could feel them moving in the air, it was not a fun feeling. Moon set her down on a hard floor. She opened her eyes, looking around. They were on the balcony. She released her grip on his shoulders. Moon led her behind a curtain, it was a dull room. The floor was a mess, there was a bed, and at the foot of the bed was a couch that sat with its left arm rest against the bed. Y/N couldn't see the rest of the room, it was really dark. Moon took her to the bed, laying her down. He handed her a small blue candy.

-"This should help you sleep."

Y/N knew what this was, it was a MoonDrop, a single candy was enough to knock an adult male out for 3 hours. How was it safe for kids? Moon moved and sat on the couch near the foot of the bed. Y/N popped the MoonDrop candy in her mouth, and let it dissolve for a bit. Within seconds, exhaustion washed over her, and she layed her head down on the soft pillow.

-"I'll wake you up around six to go home and get ready."

Y/N nodded, her yes began to close, and she heard shuffling. A blanket was placed over her, and she drifted off to sleep.

Y/N woke up to yelling. It was not in the room though. The lights in the room, and in the daycare, were off. Y/N got up, stretching. Moon was no longer in the room. The yelling became clear, it was from the daycare, near the doors. Y/N recognized one of the voices. Foxy was yelling at someone, Y/N assumed it was Moon, because it sounded like him, and she saw his red eyes glowing in the dark. Foxy looked up at the movement in the curtains by the balcony.

-"Fox pup! What are ya doing up there?"

Moon looked over at the balcony, spotting Y/N. Moon hooked onto the wire, heading up to Y/N.

-"He woke you up, didn't he."

Y/N rubbed sleep from her eyes, nodding.

-"What time is it?"

-"4:32."

-"You can go back to sleep if-"

-"No. I'm up now, there's a coffee maker in the staff break room, I can go there."

Moon gave her a quick glare. He picked her up as he did earlier, taking her back to the ground. Foxy grabbed her arm, pulling her away from Moon.

-"The hell was she doing up there?!"

-"Sleeping."

-"It's dangerous up there, especially with the likes of you! I oughta kill ya right where ye stand-"

Y/N kicked Foxy in the shin. He yowled, jumping on one foot, holding his leg.

-"Bloody hell, lass! What's ye shoe made of, titanium?!"

Y/N pushed her foot outwards.

-"Steeltoe boots."

-"Why did ya kick me?!"

Y/N smiled at him.

-"Maybe quit yelling at my friend."

Foxys expression grew stern. He stared Y/N in the eye.

-"That thing ain't gonna be your friend lass. You'll end up JUST like you did with Jae."

Y/N took a sharp breath in. It felt like something just broke. Foxy stopped, realizing what he had just said.

-"Y/N, I-"

Y/N just smiled at him.

-"It's fine. Nothings wrong. Don't worry about me!"

Before neither Foxy nor Moon could say anything, Y/N left for the staff lounge. She made her way to the lounge, going in. Y/N started the coffee pot. She grabbed a mug, setting it beside the pot. Y/N sat down at a table. Laying her head down. After a bit, the coffee pot beeped. Y/N stood up, pouring coffee into the mug. She set the pot back in its holder, then looked down at the cup to put creamer in it. Y/N gasped, dropping the bottle of creamer. Her reflection in the black coffee had a crack on her face. Y/N moved her face side to side, but the crack in the reflection followed as if it were really on her face. Y/N felt her face where the crack appeared to be. But she felt nothing, just her skin, normal, no crack. Y/N shook her head. She poured the creamer in, not looking back. It made the coffee no longer have a reflection. Y/N picked up the coffee, heading back to the daycare. She was just seeing things. She just woke up not too long ago.

When Y/N came back, Moon was leaning against the desk, staring into the distance. Y/N sat down at the desk, taking a sip of her coffee.

-"You should apply for the night shift."

-"Huh?"

Y/N looked up at Moon, but he did not look back at her.

-"There's a night shift for the daycare. You should take it."

-"You want me to stay longer?"

Moon grumbled, hunching over a bit. Y/N smiled at him.

-"I'll text my boss and see what he can do."

Not long after Y/N had finished her coffee, it was 6 AM. She stood up, grabbing her purse. Moon looked over at her.

-"Where are you going?"

-"It's 6 AM, I'm gonna go."

Moon looked back out into the void without another word. Y/N left to go home.