Chapter 80

1126 words

______

When Y/N woke up, it was pretty early. She decided she'd let Jax sleep in a bit while she ran a few errands. She got up and switched into a different tank top, and jean shorts. She dialed up Krystal, leaving the room as to not wake Moon up.

"Sup, Tink."

"Hey, do you think you could drive that van over? I gotta use it, so I can drive you back to your place in it."

"Yeah, I'll be here in 10."
𝘊𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘬.
Y/N walked downstairs quietly, going to the kitchen and starting the coffee pot. While that was brewing, she walked out back and picked up the box of snapped roses. She took it through the house, out front to the bins, tossing it in the recycling bin. She wheeled the bins down the massive driveway— it was the day they got picked up by the garbage truck. She walked back inside, and when she got to the kitchen, the coffee pot beeped right on cue. She poured a closable thermus mug full of coffee, making it how she liked it. As she put the lid on, she heard wheels pull into the driveway. She had perfectly timed everything. She walked out with her purse, and Krystal stepped out of the van.
"Hey, Tink. Got the van. Where are you going with it?"

"Oh, just the hardware store, gonna get stuff for the treehouse and the pool, and a ladder, since Sun made me promise to get one."

"Buzzkill."

"He never said I have to 𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘪𝘵, though."

"Ooohh? Someones a little troublemaker!" Krystal lightly punched Y/Ns arm. "Anyway, pay up fairy."
Y/N sifted through her purse and grabbed her wallet. She pulled out a sum of $200, handing it to Krystal. She didn't count it, trusting her, and got in the passenger. Y/N got in the drivers seat, and drove off the Krystals place. They exchanged their goodbyes, and Y/N drove off to the store.

. . .

Moon woke up in Y/Ns bed, but she was no longer there. He stood up, and as the blankets fell off him, he turned into Sun. Sun walked out of the room, downstairs. He saw no sign of her. He checked the kitchen, nothing but a quarter-full coffee pot. So she had been up, of course. He checked the living room, nothing. Jax must still be asleep. He went out back, and saw that the box was gone. That left one place left. He walked out front, and saw that the bins were down by the curb. The garbage truck drove up, and dumped the contents of each bin into its back, setting them back down and driving to the next house. Sun saw that Y/Ns car was still parked in the driveway. Just then, the dark blue van that Y/N had used when her car was wrecked moved into the driveway. Sun backed into the shadows, watching to see who stepped out.

Y/N stepped out of the van, and Sun stepped out of the shadows upon seeing her face. He moved over to stand next to her as she opened the van door. There were a lot of wood planks and some pool things. Suns tail wrapped around her waist, and pulled her close to him suddenly.
"Where were you?" Sun asked.
"Hardware store, isn't it obvious?"
Sun glanced at the contents in the van, and sighed. "I guess.." He leaned down and kissed her head. She moved forward, making him release her, and she picked up the wood planks. She faltered a bit, stumbling backwards. Sun caught her, and he wrapped his tail around the planks tightly, lifting it with ease. Y/N crossed her arms, "I carried it from the store to the van, I can carry it from the van to the backyard."
Sun sighed, but smiled slightly. She was stubborn. Y/N picked up the pool stuff, and they both walked around back. Sun dropped the planks beside the tree that the treehouse was on, and Y/N set the pool stuff by the covered pool.

"Just saying, I could've carried it on my own." She said as she walked back over to Sun.
"And I'm just saying that I carried it easier." He said back, matching her tone jokingly as they walked inside the house.  Y/N went to wake up Jax, and was now making him breakfast as he got ready for the day. After that, they all went out to the backyard. Jax was on the tire swing while Sun sat in a lawn chair and watched him, Y/N had gone to grab something from the van. She came back around, pushing the gate open and closed, both hands were occupied by a ladder. It had been tied to the top of the van before. She set it straight up, and extended it, leaning it on the balcony of the treehouse as it reached the height. She had clipped the toolbelt on and climbed up the ladder.

Suns chest tightened with slight anxiety when he saw her stand on the flimsy boards. But she seemed fine. She went around the railing, putting pressure on it as she went by it. Some parts of it cracked, and she used the back of the hammer to rip them off. If they didn't fall all the way to the ground, she would nudge/kick them off of the balcony with her foot. After that, she went through the floorboards of the balcony, only needing to take out a few boards. After that she went inside the treehouse, and Sun could no longer see her. He watched the treehouse intently, listening for every sound. He didn't want her to get hurt.

Y/N looked at all the broken boards from yesterday, when Sun came in. She'd need to replace every board that wouldn't support his weight, since he should be able to come up here too. She settled on replacing the entire floor, starting to take out a fourth of the floor, one corner.  She counted the amount of boards she would need to bring up, which, considering the size of the boards, wasn't too many. Once inside, she layed the first plank down, placing a nail in one side of it. She started hitting it with a hammer, driving it deep into the wood, making it stable on the base.
"Watch your fingers!" Sun shouted remindingly.

"I was, but now that you said it I'm not gonna!"

"What?!"

"Kidding!" She said, chuckling quietly to  herself. She moved to the other side of the wooden board, sticking a nail in it and driving it into the wood and base with the hammer.