Chapter 79

1481 words

_______

Y/N set the food down on the middle of the table, and set out a pile of paper plates and other things.
"Hey, Tink, grab me a beer while you're up!" Krystal said.
"Me and Joel, too!" Sal added. Y/N nodded, walking over to the minifridge. She grabbed four beers and a water, sliding one beer to Krystal, one to Sal, and one to Joel. She handed a water to Jax and sat down with the final beer.

As Sun ate, he seemed surprised, and it looked like he liked it. Y/N smiled at him, "you like it?"

"It wouldn't mean anything if I said your cooking is the best thing I've ever had, since I've only ever had pizza from the Plex.." He smiled awkwardly.
"It'd mean my cooking's better than the cheap pizza there.."

"Then it definitely is." He said, matter-of-factly. Y/N smiled, taking a drink of her beer. Joel looked back at the big pool with the tarp over it. "We should have a pool party next time, I can help you clean that out tomorrow, since I'm free."

"Thatd be great!"

"How about I swing by at around 10 AM tomorrow?"

"Sounds good, that gives me enough time to run some errands."

As the sun went down in the sky, and the night approached, Jax began to grow tired. Everyone was sitting in lawn chairs around the unlit fire pit, drinking beer, Jax was drinking water. Y/N was talking to Krystal about the van.
"So, you know how you said I could buy that van off you? Well is that offer still up?"

"Of course it is, Tinkerbell."

"Hoe much were you thinking? $1500? $2000?"
Krystal chuckled lightly. "For you, Tinkerbell, I'll bring it down to $200."

"Are you sure about that? A vans worth like twice what even 𝘐 offered.."

"Im sure, Tink. I make more than a vans worth in a day, losing one won't be that bad."

"Thank you, Krystal. Think you could bring it by tomorrow and I can pay you?"
Krystal nodded, "sounds good."
Jax yawned, his eyes drooping. Y/N set her beer down and stood up, walking over and picking him up. "Let's get you to bed, kiddo.." As she walked to the door, Moon stood up to follow her, but she stopped and turned to him. "I'll only be a few minutes.. Just stay out here.."
Moon paused, it hurt his heart that she had basically told him to go away.

Y/N walked up to Jaxs room, laying him in bed and tucking him in. Jax looked at her tiredly, waiting for his song. Y/N took a deep breath, and starting singing quietly. Once Jax was asleep, she walked out and closed the door. She walked away, but didn't go back to the backyard. She went out front, to the main garage. She took out a cigarette and lighter, lighting it up and taking a drag.
'Y/N-' she heard Lunar in her head.
"Shut up."

'....'
Y/N realized what she said, and she wanted to hit herself.
"Stupid.. Stupid.." She muttered, putting the hot part of the cigarette to her forearm, causing it to start burning her.
'Stop that!' Eclipse said worridly. She ignored him, muttering more. Her hand started to shake, and, out of her control, she pulled the cigarette away from her arm, and stomped it under her foot. She knew Eclipse had done it. She put the lighter and pack away, walking back into the house, and made her way to the backyard. She grabbed the lighter fluid and a match, walking back to the fire pit. She doused the wood, lighting a match and tossing it in. The wood lit on fire immediately, the flames flying high.
"You were gonna make a fire? We should've gotten stuff for s'mores.." Joel complained.

"I wasn't planning on it until after you guys arrived, but I have the stuff for it. I'll be back in a minute." She walked back inside, grabbing graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate bars. She walked back outside, setting them on the nearby table, and grabbed the metal sticks she had used back when they used to have parties in her backyard. She set those next to everything on the table, and walked over to the cardboard box full of letters and fake roses. She walked over to the fire, and set it between all of them. "Who wants to burn old letters from Jae?"

"You still have that shit? Let's burn it!" Krystal encouraged. Y/N opened the box, picking up two or three letters in one hand, and tossed them into the fire. It expanded a bit from the fuel, but then shrank back to its original size, which was still pretty big. She picked up a fake rose, and snapped it. "Can't burn these, they're plastic, so I'm just gonna snap them and throw them out." Y/N proceeded to toss handful upon handful of letters into the fire, snapping all the fake roses and dropping them back in the box, until it was empty of letters and only contained snapped fake roses. She kicked the box aside, and sat down in her chair, staring down the letters as they burned in the flames.

Moon noticed a small, circular mark on her arm. He gently took her arm, looking at it. She looked at him, and quickly took her arm away from him, and shifted her gaze back to the fire when he looked up at her. After she took a minute to sit down, and a few more drinks of beer, she got up and grabbed the metal sticks, handing them to everyone. She looked at Moon, holding one out to him. He took it, and she walked back to the table, setting out everything. She picked up a marshmallow, turning to the group. "Sal, catch." She tossed a marshmallow, and Sal jumped up to catch it, almost dropping it. "What was that for? Why'd you-"

"Cause I can." Y/N said through a marshmallow that she had popped in her mouth. She walked to the group and handed them all marshmallows, then sat down, sticking a marshmallow on her metal stick. Moon did too, but he looked confused on what he was supposed to do. She gently grabbed his wrist and made him hold it over the fire, "like this, just follow what I do."
He nodded, and she put her own over the fire, as well as everyone else.

Once the marshmallows started getting golden, Y/N pulled hers away, and Moon did the same. She gestured for him to follow her as she got up and walked to the table. As he got up to follow her, she set out four graham cracker squares, two for her, two for Moon. Moon watched and followed as she did, taking the marshmallow off the stick, putting it on the cracker. Y/N broke off small squares of chocolate, handing one to Moon. She placed it carefully on her marshmallow, and Moon did the same, and they both put the second cracker on top. Y/N picked hers up, and looked at Moon. "Go ahead, try it!"

Moon picked his up, looking at it for a second. He tried it, and his eyes widened. He ate the rest of it, and the marshmallow seemed to give him trouble opening and closing his sharp teeth, getting stuck in his teeth. Y/N laughed, and he tilted his head, confused.
"You got a little.. A little something in your teeth.." She laughed, handing him a pocket mirror. He bared his teeth to see them, opening his jaws and seeing the marshmallow stuck in his teeth. He couldn't help but laugh a little with her.

"We're still here, Romeo and Juliet!" Sal reminded. They both stopped laughing, and Moon set the pocket mirror down. Y/N finished her s'more as they went to sit back down in the chairs, and the others went to make theirs. Moon sat down first, and before Y/N could sit down, he grabbed her arm and pulled her into his lap. She didn't protest at all, laying her head on his chest. She closed her eyes, getting comfortable in his arms as the others sat down. Krystal looked at Moon and perked her eyebrows up and down, to which Moon just rolled his eyes at her.

.
.
.

The fire had gone out, and everyone had left. Y/N was asleep in Moon's arms, and he got up, holding her close. He walked inside, closing and locking the doors. He made sure all the doors were locked, and all the lights were off before he went to Y/Ns bedroom, laying down under the covers with her. He closed his eyes, and fell asleep, his arms around her.