Chapter 39

1057 words

______

Moon waited until the lights came on in the daycare, then peered out. Foxy and Chica had left. He walked out onto the balcony, transforming into Sun. Sun glided down on the wire, unlocking the door to the nap time room. Kids flooded out, and Sun glanced at the daycare doors, willing someone to knock, not just anyone, but Y/N. But nothing happened. Sun continued what he did every day before Y/N showed up; interact with the kids with barely any effort.

.
.
.

Moon snuck out of the pizzaplex after closing, going to Y/Ns house. He knocked on the front door, hoping she would answer, but nobody did. He scaled the house to where her bedroom was, tapping on her window. Nobody responded. He tapped the window more aggressively, but it was as if nobody was home. He moved over to the guest room window, prying it open with his nails. He slipped in, accidentally hitting his head on the floor. He righted himself, closing the window behind him. He carefully walked to the door, opening it silently. He made his way past the other rooms, stopping at Y/Ns bedroom door. He slowly opened it, peeking inside. The room was dark, it seemed as though nothing had moved since he left. He stepped in, and saw Y/N still in bed, not having moved an inch. He silently walked over to her, pleading for her to wake up. He crouched down beside her, looking into her face. Her eyes were closed, her expression the same as the last time in sleep. Not a muscle moved. He stared down at her, sadness starting to overwhelm him. He wrapped his arms around Y/N, pulling her close to him. Was this his fault? Would she be awake and fine if he hadn't forced her to sleep with that moondrop candy? He leaned down and kissed her head.

-"Wake up.." He pleaded to her, but nothing happened.

Moon sat on the bed with Y/N, holding her close. He felt more guilty than he thought possible. He didn't want to hold her sleeping, he wanted to hold her while she was awake. Moon closed his eyes, laying his head on Y/Ns shoulder.

.
.
.

By morning, when Moon had to leave, Y/N had still not awoken. Moon couldn't even describe how horrible he felt. What had he done? He layed Y/N back down under the covers, giving her a kiss on the head.

-"Wake up for me.."

He got up and left the house, scaling down the house and quickly running off to the pizzaplex.

.
.
.

The Plex closed for the day, and Y/N had still not shown up. Moon curled up on the floor of the daycare, sitting in silence. The door creaked open, but he didn't notice. He was too busy feeling guilty for what he had done.

-"Moon."

He flinched at the deep voice of Freddy, he shot around, staring at him through slit eyes.

-"I know we have not spoken for a while, but the gang and I are going to have a game night with Y/N once she returns from her sick leave, and I thought you would want to be there. You two seem to be close, she spoke well of you when we encountered."

-"She's not coming back.."

-"What do you mean?"

-"I... I forced her to take a Moondrop three days ago.. And she hasn't woken up since.. I... I did this to her.." He put his face in his hands. "What have I done..." His voice croaked with guilt and sadness.

Freddy put a hand on Moon's shoulder.

-"I'm sure it is not your fault, she will come back, I'm sure. I'm sure it would mean a lot to her if you came to-"

-"SHE'S NOT COMING BACK! IT'S MY 𝙁𝘼𝙐𝙇𝙏 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙎 𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙋𝙀𝙉𝙀𝘿!"

Freddy backed up cautiously.

-"Moon, if you would please just calm down-"

-"𝙇𝙀𝘼𝙑𝙀!"

Freddy backed up more and ran out the door, not wanting to take chances. Moon collapsed onto the floor, curling up again.

-"𝙒𝙃𝘼𝙏 𝙃𝘼𝙑𝙀 𝙄 𝘿𝙊𝙉𝙀?!"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Y/N woke up to a bright day. She was still in her bed, and her stomach growled.

-'𝙔/𝙉- 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙚𝙖𝙩 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜- 𝙖𝙣𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜!'

Y/N sighed as glitchtraps voice rang in her head.

-"I'll make eggs or something.. But only because my body needs it."

-'𝙏𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙠 𝙮𝙤𝙪.'

-"But first I'm going to take a shower."

Y/N got up, but wobbled a bit. She took a bit to get used to walking again, grabbing a clean set of clothes and towels. She walked to the bathroom and got the shower running.

.
.
.

Y/N had eaten and showered, and felt refreshed after these past days. She pulled out her phone and dialed Sal.

-"Y/N! You haven't answered your phone in days! I was worried sick!"

-"Yeah.. Sorry about that, I uhm... It died and I kept forgetting to charge it."

She heard an audible sigh from the other side of the phone, and she giggled.

-"Anyway, I've been feeling much better, can I come to my night shift tonight?"

-".. Sure, just don't overwork yourself."

-"Thanks!"

She hung up the call, getting her stuff together for the night— she still had a few more hours, but she couldn't wait to get back to work.

.
.
.
.

Y/N drove to the pizzaplex, and as soon as she came in, she was greeted by a group of animatronics, Freddy, Bonnie, Foxy, Chica, Roxy and Monty. They all greeted her excitedly.

-"Y/N! We missed you so much!"

-"Where have ya been, fox pup?"

-"We got a full night of fun planned for you, kid!"

-"Oh! But first!" Freddy raised his voice above the rest, and they all stopped to look at him, "Y/N, I had briefly spoken to Moon yesterday, I think you should really pay him a visit before we do anything we had planned tonight."

-"Oh, of course! I wanted to see him again..."

Foxy set her down from the hug he had held her in, and the group started making their way to the daycare. As Y/N reached for the handle, Freddy put his hand on her shoulder, and she looked over at him.

-"He needs a lot of comfort, Y/N."

Y/N nodded, opening the doors.