Chapter 76

1141 words

______

As Jax was shrieking and giggling with Y/N, the gate between the front and backyard opened, and Krystal walked closer. "Hey, Tinkerbell! Having fun there?"

"Yup!"

Krystal looked at Sun, who was watching Y/N with a deep look of love in his eyes.
"You got real lucky."
Sun looked at her, "what?"

"I said you got real lucky, with her. She's sweeter than cotton candy. It's hard to find people who are genuinely like that. Especially with all she's been through."
Sun looked back to Y/N, looking at her bright smile shining.
"She's a keeper. If you hadn't snatched her up when you did, I would've made my move."
Sun glared at her.
"Not anymore, though. She seems so happy with you." Krystal suddenly glared at Sun, "but if you hurt her, I will 𝘦𝘯𝘥 you."

"I'd never hurt her. Ever."

"Mom! Stop spinning! I'm gonna be sick!" Jax giggled. Once they got close to the tree again, Y/N planted her feet on it, bringing them to a stop. Jax quickly got out of the tire swing and ran to Krystal, hugging her. "Hi, Krystal!"

"Hey, ya little gremlin!" Krystal ruffled his hair. "Y/N, cmon! Sal and Joel are on their way!"

"Hold on, I wanna do this one more time!" She kicked the tree again, sending herself spinning on top of the tire swing, this time faster because it was carrying less weight. Sun decided to join in on the fun, running and jumping onto the swing with her, they spun, and Y/N shrieked happily as they spun faster from Suns momentum. Sun wrapped his tail around both their waists, pulling them together... And he smiled, a big, wide, genuine smile. After they stopped spinning, Sun let go of her, and she slid off the tire back to the ground. Sun jumped off as well. Y/N was smiling brightly, in the way that Sun loved so much. He ran up from behind and picked her up in a big hug, swinging her back and fourth. She shrieked. "Put me down! Put me down!" She giggled. Sun set her down, and she gave him a kiss on the cheek, causing the end of his tail to sway, wagging it.

Krystal let go of Jax, running over to Sun and grabbing his tail. "Woah! The heck? A 𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘭? Is this new?"
Sun tore his tail out of her grip, scoffing at her.
"Woah, bipolar much. Just a second ago you were smiling and laughing." Krystal put her hands up, backing away. Y/N let go of him, backing up a little as well. Sun paused and looked at her. She looked a little sad. He quickly went up to her and held her face, his tail wrapping around her. "Hey, nothings wrong... I'm sorry.." He kissed her head.

"Why are you such a prick anyway?" Krystal asked. Jax didn't hear, he was back on the tire swing, away from them. Sun looked like he was getting madder. Y/N kissed his cheek, then looked at Krystal. "He's been through a lot.. Leave him alone..... Please.." She told her. Krystals expression softened, "sorry.. I didn't know."
Y/N looked at Sun, hoping he'd tell Krystal it was fine. Sun sighed, "it's okay."

The gate opened again, and Sal stepped into the backyard. He eyed Sun for a second, and smiled and did a fist bump with Krystal. "Hey, Ruby."

"Ruby?" Sun asked.
"Yeah, her names Krystal, so we call her Ruby, cause she's firey like one."

"Hah! If it weren't you, Tink, that came up with it, I'd assume Joel or Sal were hitting on me!"

"How do you know I wasnt?" Y/N crossed her arms defiantly.
"Cause you're not a flirty person. You don't know how to even make someone 𝘣𝘭𝘶𝘴𝘩."

"I SO do!"

"Prove it!" Sal said. "Try one on loverboy."
Sun looked at Y/N as she thought. She seemed to get an idea, smirking. She looked up at Sun, getting close to him. "Hey, can I borrow a kiss? I promise I'll pay it back~"
Suns face went a little red at her words and her tone.
"HAH! SEE? I CAN!"

"Damn it.."

Suddenly, someone jumped on Y/Ns back, making her fall over, landing on her. She shrieked, and Joel laughed.
"Oh you little—"

"Ah ah ah~ childrennnn!" Joel said in a singsong voice. "I brought water balloons. You still got that kiddie pool?"

"Wasn't planning to throw it away any time soon."
Joel got off of her, and Y/N dusted herself off. "Alright, hold on, let me go get it." She walked off, and Sun followed her. She walked around front to one of the garages, opening it. As she sifted through all the things she stored in it, Sun watched her. "So, are any more people coming?"

"Y— no. Nobody else. This is the first hangout I'm having since I broke up with Jae. And he better not show his face anywhere near here."
Sun nodded, and Y/N pulled on the edge of a blue, plastic kiddie pool, but it seemed stuck. She pulled harder, struggling. Sun walked over and placed his hands over hers, helping her pull on the pool. It was even hard for him to pull.  Once they got it free, they both fell backwards Y/N landing in Suns lap. A cardboard box fell, spewing letters and fake roses on the ground. Sun eyed them. "Whats that?"

Y/N stood up, walking over and picked up a letter, starting to put everything back in the box. Sun picked up a letter. It was a sappy love letter from Jae, only a month or two before Y/N started working at the Plex. "What.."
Y/N snatched it from him, shoving them in the box. "He stalked me and kept sending me shit." She placed the cardboard box inside of the plastic pool. "We're making a bonfire tonight. Take these to the backyard for me, I'm gonna go change into something I can get splashed with water balloons in." Sun took the boxes, and she walked inside.

Sun walked to the back, dragging the plastic pool and setting the box down.
"Where's Y/N?" Krystal asked.
"Went inside to change into something for the water balloons."
The back door slid open— it was a sliding glass door. Y/N stepped out. She held a plate of stuff for the grill, and was wearing shorts and a tight tank top. It really brought out her.... Chest. Sun stared at her chest with wide eyes. Krystal elbowed his arm, perking her eyebrows up and down. Sun looked away, embarrassed. Y/N set the plate down next to the grill, opening the top. She poured coal in and put the grid on, starting it up.