Chapter 15

1031 words

_____

When Y/N got home, Sal was asleep on the couch, and the TV was on. She switched the TV off, going to the kitchen. Like every time Sal took care of Jax, he never cleaned the kitchen. Y/N started the faucet to get hot water running for the dishes, and collected the dirty dishes from the stove. She washed the dishes, and put them away. Y/N walked down the hall and peeked into Jax's room. He was fast asleep, his nightlight spinning and projecting the stars on his rooms ceiling. Y/N closed the door back shut, going down the hallway to her own room. Y/N got in her bed, under the blankets. She curled up and fell asleep.

Y/N awoke to the sound of her alarm. She yawned, stretching and shutting it off. She went to her closet and grabbed another one of her plain long sleeves and a long skirt that reached her ankles. She got dressed and brushed her hair, making sure her glasses were clean. Y/N walked down the hallway and into Jax's room.

-"Hey, sleepy head, time to get up."

Jax yawned and stretched. He smiled tiredly up at Y/N.

-"I just washed your favorite pizzaplex shirt!"

Jax immediately got up excitedly. He bounced to his dresser and got a pair of jeans, and Y/N went and grabbed his pizzaplex shirt, giving it to him to change. As she waited for Jax to get ready, Y/N went to the kitchen and grabbed Jax's favorite cereal, a bowl, and the milk. Jax, now wearing his shirt and jeans, walked out to the kitchen. He sat down at the table, pouring his cereal as Y/N grabbed a spoon for him. As Jax ate, Y/N made two cups of coffee, going out to the living room where Sal was still dozing off. She set she coffee down on the coffee table, then shook Sals shoulder. He tiredly opened his eyes.

-"Morning, Sal. I made you a cup of coffee, just how you like it."

Sal smiled and grabbed his mug from the table.

-"Get ready and we can all go to the pizzaplex."

-"Thanks, Y/N. You're like a mom friend, you always take care of everyone like they're your kid."

Y/N smiled, laughing a bit.

-"I just want to make sure everyones happy."

-"You do a good job at it."

Y/N stood up and went to the kitchen. She pulled Jax's lunchbox from her purse, emptying the leftovers in the garbage and giving it a quick wash. She packed Jax's lunch, he was a huge fan of peanut butter and jelly, and she packed some healthy things along with it. Once everyone was ready to go, they got in the car and Y/N drove to the pizzaplex. Once inside, Sal broke off to go to his office, and Jax and Y/N started making their way to the daycare. Jax held onto Y/Ns hand, it had been a week, and he still wasn't used to the pizzaplex outside of the daycare, but they were stopped by the big red fox pirate.

-"Aye, fox pup! It's been a while since I greeted ya!"

Foxy opened his arms for a hug, and Y/N let go of Jax's hand, running into his hug.  Foxy noticed Jax, tilting his head.

-"Ya got a pup of your own now? Who's the lucky lad?"

Y/N went red.

-"It's not like that, I adopted him!"

Foxy let out his pirate-like laugh.

-"You always were the motherly type, only fits that you got a kid."

He let her go, and Jax took Y/Ns hand again. He looked up at Foxy shyly.

-"Oh, right! Jax, this is Foxy, my best friend! And Foxy, this is Jax, my adoptive kid!"

Jax waved at Foxy, and Foxy crouched down, smiling at Jax and waving at him. Foxy stood up, and they all walked to the daycare doors. Foxy waved them goodbye at the doors, and Jax sat in Y/Ns swivel chair as she bent over and clocked in.

-'The attendant has been alerted of your arrival!'

Y/N sighed, writing Jax's name down on the clipboard. Y/N took Jax over to the crafts table, getting his crayons and paper. She reached into her purse and handed him his teddy bear-- he never went anywhere without it anymore. Y/N heard bells jingling behind her, and then stop. She turned around, and not too far away, Sun stood, staring at her. She was frozen for a second, this was the first time in two weeks that he'd come out before the first kid dropped in. He opened his arms slightly, it was almost barely noticeable. Y/N ran at him, jumping and hugging him. He caught her in a hug back, and they spun for a second. After they stopped, neither let go of the hug. Sun held onto Y/N tight, he couldn't believe he went two weeks without this. Y/N wiped tears from her eyes, not sad ones, happy ones. She'd missed Sun so much.

-"Ms. Y/N?"

Y/N looked up and over at Jax, who had gotten up and walked over to them.

-"What's wrong? Your crying."

She smiled at him, wiping her eyes again.

-"Nothing, don't worry about me."

Y/N started to let go of Sun, but then he squeezed her tighter. Y/N looked back at him.

-"Sun?"

He started shaking, hugging her tighter. He fell onto his knees, still holding onto Y/N tight. Jax backed off, and Y/N started petting Suns back above the hook ring, and he leaned on her, relaxing his body. There was the sound of a kid falling into the ball pit, and Y/N got up. Sun held her hand, but when she walked away, her hand slipped out of his and she grabbed the clipboard, marking the kid down. Suns chest tightened, and he clutched it, taking agonizing breaths. Why did it have to hurt so much? He stood up, walking towards the ball pit where more  kids were dropping in.