Chapter 29

947 words

______

The final day of Y/Ns sick leave was the day before the party. Y/N drove out to a clothing store to find a dress. There were red ones, yellow ones, green ones, but none of them truly caught her attention. She walked up and down the isles, scoping out the array of dresses. She was ready to give up hope when she spotted the perfect one. . .

Y/N walked out of the store, the dress she had picked out in a bag with some other things to compliment it. She hoped it wasn't too much. She was supposed to pick up Jax today, so she hurried to her car and started driving out to Sals place. She pulled up and knocked on the door. Sal opened the door and smiled at her, inviting her in. They sat down on the couch.

-"How have you been, Y/N?"

-"I've been good. Just got my outfit for the party tomorrow night."

-"Your still going?"

-"Yes, why wouldn't I?"

-"Oh- I just.. Thought you'd want to stay away a little longer."

Y/N shook her head.

-"Oh, no. I want to see everyone as soon as possible."

-"Everyone?"

-"Yknow, Foxy, Sun, Moon.."

Sal sighed at the mention of the attendants. Y/Ns smile wavered at his exasperated breath.

-"Why do you hate them so much? What did they ever do to you?"

-"Nothing, Y/N.. I'm just worried."

-"Worried about what?"

-".. I know how you feel about them, and I know what happens when you guys go to the cameras blind spots, I have nothing against it.. But your coworkers do. I just don't want them making your mental state any worse. And.. He keeps hurting you."

Y/N sighed, looking down.

-"Moon doesn't mean it, and even with the.. Faulty code.. He'd never really kill me. And he's defended me when everyone else was.. Not as nice."

Sal didn't seem happy with her response, but got up to get Jax. Sal brought Jax out, and his face lit up at he sight of Y/N. He ran up and hugged her, and Y/N picked him up, hugging him back. Jax paused when he saw the claw marks on her face.

-"What happened?"

-"Nothing.. Don't worry about it."

-"Did Mr. Moon do that..?"

Y/N paused. She couldn't lie to Jax.

-"I... Yes.. He did, but he didn't mean it! It was an accident, he'd never hurt anyone!"

Sal gave her a 'really?' look. Y/N rolled her eyes at him.

-"Anyways, let's get you home."

-"Can we watch a movie?"

-"Sure."

Sal waved Y/N goodbye as she strapped Jax into his car seat. She drove off to her house, and they watched a movie together on the couch, and after dinner, Y/N tucked Jax into bed. She sang him to sleep and he was out like a light. She walked down the hall to her room, sitting down on her bed. She glanced at her nightstand, where Moons hat lay, clean and folded. She turned her light off, and she glanced back at the hat. It's yellow stars glowed in the darkness of the room like real stars in the night sky during a new moon. She layed down, closing her eyes and going to sleep.

Y/N was getting ready for the party. She had put on the dress she picked out. It was a deep, dark blue as dark as the bottom of the ocean, with white glitter sparkling all over it like stars in the night sky. It really brought out her body shape, complimenting it... Yes, even her chest. She kept her steel toe boots on, they were hidden under the dress anyway. She made sure her hair was silky and fluffy, even though she still tied it up like she always did. Y/N adjusted her glasses on her face, smiling at her reflection in the mirror. She had wore black gloves with sleeves that went up her arms to cover them. There was a knock at the door, and Y/N rushed over, opening it.

-"Joel! Thanks for coming on such short notice, I just needed a babysitter and nobody would accept the job."

Joel smiled at her. Joel and Y/N were childhood buddies that still stayed in touch. They always had each other's backs, when one needed help, the other was always there to supply it. Y/N turned and put her hands around her mouth to amplify her voice.

-"Jax! Come here please!"

She heard small footsteps as Jax ran up to her.

-"Hey, Jax, this is Joel! Your babysitter, I'm going out tonight, so he'll be taking care of you."

-"What about Mr. Sal? Doesn't be usually take care of me while your out?"

-"Sal is gonna be with me tonight, so Joel is gonna take his place for now, next time, you'll be with Sal again!"

Jax nodded, and Joel came inside, introducing himself to Jax. Jax smiled and then went back to the living room where he was watching TV and playing with his toys. Joel turned to Y/N.

-"You look great, hope tonight goes well."

Y/N smiled and nodded, and Joel walked to the living room where Jax was. Y/N ran to her room and grabbed Moons hat, putting it in her purse. She ran back out to the loving room, ruffling Jaxs hair.

-"I'm going now, see you in the morning."

-"Bye mom- I mean- Y/N!"

Y/N smiled at his error. It felt nice that he saw her as a mom. She left and got into her car, driving off to the pizzaplex.