Chapter 71

1223 words

_____

Y/N woke up from her alarm going off. She wasn't even in the mind scape last night, as if nobody wanted to talk to her. She got ready for work, and when she looked in the mirror, she still wasn't used to her new look. It was a drastic change, and a sudden one too. She got Jax up and made him breakfast, helping him get ready for school. Her phone lit up with a notification- a text from Joel. She opened it up.

'Hey, something came up, I can't watch Jax tonight. Hope you can find someone on such short notice, sorry.'

Y/N groaned inwardly. Who else would she ask? ... Krystal was good with kids. She opened up her texts with Krystal, calling her.

"Hey, Tinkerbell, what's up?"

"Hey, Krystal.. I need a huge favor.."

"What is it?"

"Joel can't make it to watch Jax, and I have the night shift.. Could you possibly come over and watch him?"

"Sure, Tinkerbell. I wanna get to know the little guy anyway."
Y/N sighed in relief, "thank you so much, Krystal. His school ends at 4:10. Stop by my place to get a pass to let them know you're a trusted guardian. It'll be on the counter in the kitchen, and you have a key."

"Alright, I'll see ya later, Tink."

"Again, thanks so much."
Krystal hung up, and Y/N breathed out again, relieved. She backed out of the school parking lot, driving to the pizzaplex.

When Y/N walked into the daycare, she was greeted by a worried and sympathetic look on Suns face. She just smiled at him softly. But he didn't smile back, looking concerned. "Y/N.. Are you feeling any better?"

"Huh?"

"Last night you-"

"Oh, yeah, don't worry about that, I was tired, so I was being stupid and dramatic. None of that matters." She said as she grabbed the clipboard. She wasn't looking at Sun, but he had a look of horror on his face. 'None of that matters.'? He went up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist gently. "It does matter, Sunshine." He insisted worridly. Sun was silently horrified that she felt that it didn't matter. She mattered, her feelings mattered, yet now she was pushing it all away like it was a minor inconvenience. But Sun remembered what she told Moon. That it was all a weight on her, that she'd learned to deal with it. But he didn't want her to 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘪𝘵. He wanted her to talk, to let all her suffering go.

"It's really not anything, Sun.."

He suddenly moved one of his hands up, grabbing her face. He wasn't hurting her, but he was rather rough. His eyes flashed pink.
"𝘞𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶-"
He felt her shaking. Shaking out of fear. Fear that he was going to hurt her. She looked... Scared, like she was seeing something that wasn't there.. Or seeing Sun as someone he wasn't... Suns eyes flashed back to normal. He'd never meant for this to happen. He'd lost control of his body. He released her face, putting his arm back around her waist softly. "I'm sorry Sunshine, I'm so, so sorry.."

Y/N pushed his arms away from her, walking a few feet away, holding her own arms close to her.
"Sunshine, I-"

"Please... Dont.. Don't do that again.."
Sun walked up to her, gently kissing her cheek, "of course not.. Never again.."
She layed her head against his chest, putting her arms around his shoulders in a hug. Sun hugged her back gently, not wanting to hurt her.
"I didn't mean to do that.. I don't know what happened.."
She just hugged him tightly, not saying anything. And Sun understood that she just needed a second.

.
.
.

As the lights turned off, Y/N grabbed her purse and got ready to go on break. Moon gently grabbed the bottom of her head, making her look at him and gave her a kiss. She blushed slightly, and Moon smirked. "You sure you're alright?" He asked.

"I'm sure." She told him, "don't worry about me."
Moon was uneasy with her answer, but didn't show it. He took her hand and walked out of the daycare with her, and met Bonnie at their usual hangout. They all sat down and waited for the other glamrocks. Moon had his hand on Y/Ns waist, holding her close to him, their hips literally touching. Bonnie noticed and perked his eye brows up and down at Y/N, to which she promptly told him to be quiet. When they got pizza and drinks, this time Y/N actually ate some.

The others were a little surprised, but didn't comment. They knew she had a couple... Problems.

They had a fun time on the break, and Moon held her hand on the way back to the daycare. He and Sun had been a little clingy, but she couldn't blame them.

.
.
.

Y/N insisted on walking to the break room alone to get coffee before her night shift. As much as she loved Sun and Moon, she needed space. They hadn't left her side the entire day, and were always in her personal space. Sun seemed a little upset when she insisted on going alone, but didn't push her. She yawned as she turned the coffee pot on in the staff room, waiting for it to warm up what was in it. She jumped when it suddenly beeped, and she poured some in a disposable coffee cup. Once she got it how she liked it, she walked out, back to the daycare.

When she got back, Sun was looking at her with his arms crossed, but he had a creepy smile... What Y/N didn't notice was that his eyes were rather.. 𝘗𝘪𝘯𝘬.
"Sunshine..! Why did you insist on... Leaving.. Us.." He said in a rather odd tone of voice. Y/N looked at him, a little concerned, if Sun didn't know any better it'd even be a bit of fear on her face. Sun wrapped his arms around her, tightly. "Mine.." He said softly, but assertive. Y/N tried to get out of his grip, but he tightened it greatly, and it started to become painful. "MINE!" He shouted. Y/N winced from how tight he held her, and Sun immediately let go, blinking away the pink in his eyes. Y/N backed away from him, and Sun saw fear in her eyes. He felt infinitely guilty, for hurting her, for making her scared.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, Sunshine.."
He hugged her softly this time, barely even tightening his arms around her. "I don't know why I..."

"I know why. It was that stupid other virus Vanessa put in you, while I just layed there unconscious.." She said with guilt in her eyes. Sun realized that she still blamed herself for not being able to help. He pulled her closer to him, kissing her head. "It's not your fault, you couldn't have been able to do anything.. We'll deal with it.. We'll find a way to fix it.."

"But what if you can't?"

"... I promise we will. I promise."
She hugged him back tightly. Sun let her just breathe for a second.

"You wanna help me and Moon with something?"

".. With what?"