Chapter 7

1082 words

_____

Y/N showed up to work in another pair of blue jeans, as well as a shirt with long sleeves. She kept her hair up, in the same style. Y/N walked into the daycare, clocking in, and the usual message popped up.

-'The attendant has been alerted of your arrival!'

Y/N sat down and pulled out her phone. She opened her texting app.

-'Hey Sal can I have the night shift at the daycare too?'

Y/N awaited a response, and soon she saw Sal typing back.

-'Y/N, when would you sqeeze in time to sleep?'

-'I'll figure out something.'

-'sigh, fine. I'll get back to you. Should be pretty easy since, like, nobody ever wants to apply for it, so there's no competition.'

-'Thanks, wanna go grab a coffee after work?'

-'Sounds good. Our favorite place, right?'

-'👍'

Y/N set her phone down. Where was Sun? He'd usually be out here by now. She spotted the cleaning supplies still under the desk. Y/N picked the belt up, taking it back to the storage room. When she came back, Sun was standing by the desk, holding her phone- he was reading it! Had he no respect for privacy?

-"Hey!"

Y/N jumped up and snatched her phone back. Sun flinched, he must not have seen her. He stared her in the eyes. It was intimidating. Y/N slipped her phone in her pocket, too scared to break eye contact with Sun. He grabbed her wrists.

-"Y/N. Who's Sal."

-"My boss.."

-"Your getting coffee with your boss, casually?"

-"W-well he's also one of my closest friends.."

Sun realized that he was scaring her. He let go of her wrists instantly, looking away.

-"Sorry."

-"Its okay, Sun.. Don't worry about it!"

She smiled at him. Just then, a kid landed in the ball pit. Y/N grabbed the clip board and pen, marking the kid down, as Sun went over. As Y/N marked the kids down, Jax, like every day, went to her side and waited patiently. Once Y/N finished attendance, they sat down at the craft table. Y/N began to draw another picture. She worked and worked to make it the best she could. Jax tapped her shoulder, and showed her his drawing. He had gotten far better at drawing, and Y/N was beyond proud.

-"You're getting so good at drawing, Jax, I have to watch out, your gonna surpass me any day now!"

Jax smiled proudly.

-"Thank you so much, Ms. Y/N!"

Y/N smiled at him wide, and went back to her work. Before she knew it, Sun was calling kids for nap time. Once the kids had gone into the room, Y/N locked it. She went and sat down at the desk, putting some finishing touches on her drawing. The lights flashed on, just late enough for her to finish the drawing. Y/N got up, going around the desk. She scanned the area, where was he? Just then she heard bells jingle behind her. Y/N turned around, looking up. She was relieved that Moon's eyes remained red, and not purple again. She suspected that had something to do with his behavior. Y/N smiled at him. She held out the drawing to him.

-"I made this for you! I.. Hope you like it."

He carefully took the drawing, staring at it.

-"Do you like it?"

-"I haven't torn it in half have I?"

Y/N smiled, and she hugged him. Moon flinched hard. He froze, stiffening up. Y/N realized what she did. She let go of him backing up a bit.

-"Sorry.."

Moon had not felt a hug in years. Even longer than Sun had. When Y/N hugged him, it startled him, but he welcomed it. It felt nice, meaningful. When Y/N backed away, he felt cold and alone once again, like he had for all those years. He loathed the once normal feeling after what he just experienced. Moon pulled Y/N back into a hug again. She seemed caught off guard. How could she have expected it with him and Suns behavior? They had begun to be the type to hate everything and everyone. She did not hug him back again though. The cold, lonely feeling lingered. He squeezed Y/N, hoping for the dark feeling to go away. This time, Y/N hugged him back. The cold, dark feeling vanished, he felt wanted. He did not feel like he was resented or unwanted. Moon felt himself starting to cry.

-"Oh no, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make you cry!"

Y/N hugged him tighter for a second, then pat his head. It gave Moon flashbacks.. Unwanted ones.

𝙈𝙊𝙊𝙉𝙎 𝙁𝙇𝘼𝙎𝙃𝘽𝘼𝘾𝙆

𝙈𝙤𝙤𝙣 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙝𝙪𝙜𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙚𝙧, 𝙘𝙧𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜. 𝙎𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙚𝙯𝙚𝙙 𝙝𝙞𝙢, 𝙥𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙙. 𝙈𝙤𝙤𝙣 𝙤𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙙 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙡𝙪𝙚 𝙚𝙮𝙚𝙨, 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙧, 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙝𝙖𝙞𝙧 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙚𝙮𝙚𝙨.

-"𝙄𝙩'𝙨 𝙤𝙠𝙖𝙮 𝙈𝙤𝙤𝙣, 𝙄'𝙢 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪."

𝘽𝙪𝙩 𝙣𝙤𝙬. . .

Moon stared at the girl with H/C hair and E/C eyes. It was Y/N. Not 𝘩𝘦𝘳. Y/N was different. She would be different. She'd already proved that she was more than 𝘴𝘩𝘦 could have ever been, without even knowing it. Moon stayed there, holding Y/N, holding onto that feeling. Until the lights came on. Y/N let go for Sun, pulling out the keys to the nap time room. Sun stood there, his arms still in place even after Y/N walked away. He was snapped out of it when he heard the kids already beginning to shout and laugh.

Y/N got the last of the kids to their parents, then got the cleaning supplies from the broom closet. She started humming as she cleaned, and Sun leaned against a play structure, closing his eyes and listening. He began to hum along with her.

Y/N looked up at the noise, stopping her humming. She looked over at Sun. He was leaning against a play structure nearby with his eyes closed, humming with her. He stopped after a second, then opened his eyes and looked at her. His eyes went wide and he grew an embarrassed frown. Y/N just smiled, going back to cleaning.

Once Y/N finished cleaning, Sun followed her to the door of the daycare. Foxy was out side like always, glaring at Sun. Y/N waved, running up to him and hugging him. As they walked away, Sun felt a surge of jealousy.