Chapter 8

1380

____

Y/N left work and drove out to her and Sals favorite coffee place. She saw Sals car in the parking lot, she worried about how long he'd been waiting for. She got out of her car and went inside. She saw Sal, who waved her over. Y/N got her drink-- which she pre-ordered with an app-- and sat down with Sal.

-"Hey, Sal!"

-"Hey, Y/N. I was able to get you that night shift-- it was really easy, they said you can start tomorrow night."

Sal took a sip of his coffee.

-"Wow, that's amazing, thanks Sal!"

-"No problem, really, Y/N, it was quite easy. But I did limit it to every other day, you need sleep."

Y/N smiled.

-"Thank you so much, Sal!"

-"It was nothing, but, why did you want the night shift at the 𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦?"

-"I wanted to spend more time with the attendants!"

Sal grimaced.

-"Y/N, don't they treat you horribly?"

-"Huh? Not at all!"

-"Just.. Don't let this end up like Jae.."

-"Please.. Don't mention him.."

Sal backed off the subject. They talked for a while longer, and then both went their seperate ways.

Y/N walked into the pizzaplex in a long, black skirt with leggings, and her long sleeve shirt. She walked to the daycare, setting her purse down at the desk. She clocked in, and the message popped up.

-'The attendant has been alerted of your arrival!'

Y/N sat down at the desk, looking at her fazwatch. There was a new task, along her others.

'Clean daycare play structures,' and 'take the attendants to Parts & Services for routine checkup."

Y/N shrugged, shouldn't be too hard, according to Sal, the protective cylinder did most of the work, all she had to do was something even a kid could do. Then she heard bells jingling. Y/N looked up and saw Sun. She smiled at him. Today was gonna be good.

After Y/Ns shift, she left the daycare as normal, but not before telling Sun she had a surprise. As she and Foxy were walking, she went towards the staff lounge.

-"Where are we going, fox pup?"

-"Break room, I'm taking night shifts now!"

-"When will ye sleep?"

-"It's only every other night, so I can get some sleep in between."

-"That still ain't good.."

-"Don't worry about me!"

Y/N walked into the staffroom, getting a coffee ready. She saw her reflection again, the crack had not gone away. Something was wrong, and she knew it. Y/N put on her security hat, and left for the daycare. She walked in, and Sun was nowhere to be seen. Y/N clocked in with her night shift pass.

-'The attendant has been alerted of your arrival!'

Y/N looked at her fazwatch again. Clean the play structures and take Sun and Moon to parts and services. Easy enough.

-"You took the night shift?"

Y/N jumped, started. How had Sun creeped up so silently?

-"Yeah, Moon suggested it so I thought I'd give it a try."