Chapter 54

926 words

______

"Oh dear, you must have been tired, Daydream, you fell right back asleep!" Lunar teased Y/N. She looked away, slightly uncomfortable. Eclipse walked up to her, looking down at her with a displeased expression, crossing his arms. Y/N looked down, closing her eyes tight, afraid of what he might do.

Eclipse let out a small chuckle, ruffling Y/Ns hair. "I see you aren't as ornery as our first official meeting. I guess I was right that you were just cranky."

He stroked her head more gently, "again, sorry about that, Dewdrop."

"Why do you keep calling me that?" She asked, not taking her gaze off the ground. "... Why do Sun and Moon call you that?"

Y/N looked up slightly, "because they love me, but..."

"But..?" Eclipse raised an eyebrow. "Well,  like you said, we've never met before last night.. How can you possibly—"

"Ah ah ah, Dewdrop, I said that was our first 𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭 meeting. I've known you for a while now, and so has Lunar. We both know how we feel about you.."

"But I haven't known you at all, how do you think that makes me feel?" She asked him. Eclipse's pupiless eyes widened, as if he had never had the thought before. "You're not ready to love us back.. Are you, Dewdrop.." It was more of a statement than a question. Y/N nodded slowly, and Lunar let go of her, backing up after hearing the conversation. "We can still be friends until then.. Right Daydream?" Lunar asked nervously. Y/N looked over at him. "I guess.. But quit with the names.."

"Sorry Da-. . . Y/N.." Lunar nodded, backing up a bit more. Eclipse crouched down, taking her hands. Y/N felt like she was being forced to look into his eyes, though she was of her own free will. "I'll wait however long it takes, Y/N. But I want to get one last thing in before I'm friend zoned." Before Y/N could respond, he kissed her cheek and she went red, freezing up. Eclipse let go of her hands and backed away to a respective distance. Glitchtrap materialized next to Y/N, "hey, dearie. Feeling any better?"

Y/N smiled at him. "Just fine, Glitchtrap, don't worry about me." She said. Glitchtrap snapped his fingers and a couch scooped them up. "How about some TV while you nap, then?"
Y/N looked to Eclipse, then Lunar, then back at Glitchtrap. "Sure," she said with a smile. The couch flew a little ways away, and a screen materialized. "So, what do you wanna watch?" He asked her.

Eclipse walked over to Lunar, and they sat on the couch that folded out into a bed that they had been on last night. "Brother?" Lunar asked. Eclipse looked over at his brothers sad expression, making a 'hm?' sound. "What if she never loves us?" Lunar looked forward at Y/N and Glitchtrap as they discussed shows and movies. "Don't think like that, Lunar. I'm sure she will one day. And if she doesn't, she'll still be happy. And isn't that what matters most?" He told Lunar. Lunar looked at the ground. "I guess.. As long as she's happy, I'm alright.. Even if the thing that makes her happy isn't me."

"That's the spirit, Lunar." Eclipse patted his brothers back, then leaned back on the couch, closing his eyes. Lunar pulled his legs up to his chest, wrapping his arms around them as he watched Y/N.

Y/N was discussing her favorite shows and movies with Glitchtrap when Eclipse suddenly appeared, resting over the back of the couch. "Y/N." He said. Y/N turned to look at him. "You must never tell anyone about us. I know you want to tell Sun and Moon, I can sense it. But you must not tell a single soul of me and Lunars existence."
Y/N looked away, almost embarrassed, nodding. Eclipse pat her head, "it's fine, I imagine it to be normal for someone to want to tell their partners everything, especially about something like us."

Y/N nodded, turning back to Glitchtrap. Eclipse walked back and sat next to Lunar again.

.
.
.

When Y/N woke up, she was laying down on the couch with a blanket over her. She saw Sun sitting on the ground across from Jax, watching him play a game. Y/N sat up, yawning. Sun looked over at her and got up, walking over to her. "Are you feeling alright?" He asked. "You were asleep for a couple hours.."

Y/N nodded, but then winced as a wave of pain came across her. "Yeah.. Fine. I just need to take more painkillers.."
Sun nodded, but seemed uneasy. He sat down next to Y/N as she pulled out the bottle of painkillers and took two, putting them back in her pocket.

The rest of the day went by pretty normally. As Y/N was getting ready to go to bed, Moon kept bugging her. "Are you sure you'll be alright? I can stay longer if you—"

"It's fine, Moon. I'll be alright, and I'll show up to work tomorrow. Don't worry about me." She smiled at him. Moon didn't seem too happy, but quit bugging her. She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before getting in bed. He heated up, and a barely noticeable smile formed on his face from the kiss. He got in bed with her and wrapped his arms around her, and Y/N slowly drifted off to sleep.