Chapter 20

790 words

_____

Y/N looked around her. It was a dark, empty void. It was cold and quiet, she could see her breath in front of her. She felt if she were to take a step or two, she would fall from a great height. Wasn't she just in the daycare though? The last thing she remembered was talking to Sun just before the lights went out. A bright light flashed above Y/Ns head. She was on a small platform, and she felt it begin to rise up. She fell on her knees, scared of falling off.

-"𝙃𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙤, 𝙔/𝙉."

Y/N looked up. She saw the giant head of the rabbit costume that William was in when she had the vr headset on, but it seemed more animated, like the mask was his actual head, he seemed to be making facial expressions. His gloves hands also floated around him, and he had a glowing purple aura.

-"𝙐𝙣𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙪𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙡𝙮, 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙛𝙪𝙡𝙡 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙡 𝙤𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙗𝙚𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙣𝙪𝙞𝙨𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙩𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙨𝙚𝙩 𝙤𝙛𝙛."

-"Thank god he did! What the hell is this place?"

-"𝙄𝙩'𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙, 𝙢𝙮 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙧. 𝙈𝙚𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨, 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨, 𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙨, 𝙬𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚."

-"Memories are the last things I want to look over."

He grew an interested expression, like when a popular girl hears about gossip.

-"𝙤𝙤𝙤? 𝘾𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙙𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙪𝙢𝙖? 𝙂𝙞𝙧𝙡 𝙙𝙧𝙖𝙢𝙖?"

-"Like I'd tell you!"

He just smirked at her. Y/N wanted to punch him.

-"𝙁𝙤𝙧 𝙣𝙤𝙬, 𝙄 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙛𝙤𝙘𝙪𝙨 𝙢𝙮 𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙧𝙜𝙮 𝙤𝙣 𝙧𝙚𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮. 𝘿𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙖 𝙛𝙚𝙬 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙣 𝙧𝙞𝙗𝙨. 𝙉𝙤𝙬, 𝙗𝙪𝙝 𝙗𝙮𝙚."

He snapped his fingers.

Y/N shot awake in a cold sweat. The room was dark, and quiet. But she could see around her, somewhat. It was Sun and Moons room. What happened? Y/N got up, peeking out the curtain. The lights in the daycare were off too. Y/N stepped out onto the balcony. She stood there for a second, looking down. Y/N felt a hand on her shoulder, and she jumped. One of her feet didn't land on the ground, and she started to slip. Someone grabbed her arm with force and pulled her back onto the balcony. It was Moon, he pulled her tight against him, and it put a great amount of pressure on her chest. Y/N felt a sharp pain, and she took a sharp breath in, then coughed. She coughed up blood. Moon instantly let go of her, but still held her close. He saw her cough up blood, and he internally panicked. She quickly stopped coughing, and Y/N felt the pain in her chest ease. That was unusual, to recover from that so fast. Y/N looked up at Moon.

-"What happened?"

-"You and Sun were talking, and your head started hurting, and then you passed out."

Y/N got the feeling that wasn't the entire story.

𝙁𝙇𝘼𝙎𝙃𝘽𝘼𝘾𝙆 (𝙔/𝙉 𝙙𝙤𝙚𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨)

𝙎𝙪𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙔/𝙉 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧, 𝙔/𝙉 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙗𝙚𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙨 𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙤𝙪𝙩. 𝙔/𝙉 𝙨𝙚𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙣, 𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙞𝙡𝙮. 𝙎𝙪𝙣 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙧. 𝙎𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙪𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙞𝙣 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙨, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙎𝙪𝙣 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙘𝙚𝙙 𝙖 𝙥𝙪𝙧𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙩 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙮𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙧. 𝙃𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙚𝙧, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙞𝙣𝙝𝙖𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙥𝙡𝙮, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠. 𝙎𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙡𝙞𝙢𝙥, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙮𝙚𝙨 𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙤𝙛 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙙. 𝙎𝙪𝙣 𝙖𝙡𝙢𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙨𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙙, 𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚, 𝙞𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙠𝙞𝙙𝙨 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙣'𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙖𝙥 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙢. 𝙎𝙪𝙣 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙔/𝙉𝙨 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙𝙚𝙧, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙞𝙙𝙣'𝙩 𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙥𝙤𝙣𝙙. 𝙃𝙚 𝙥𝙞𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙪𝙥 𝙞𝙣 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙢𝙨, 𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙧𝙚. 𝙃𝙚 𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙪𝙥 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙡𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙮, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙈𝙤𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙢. 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙨 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙛𝙛 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙢. 𝙈𝙤𝙤𝙣 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙙 𝙔/𝙉 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙙, 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙛𝙪𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙣. 𝙃𝙚 𝙨𝙖𝙩 𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙧 𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙙, 𝙨𝙞𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙡𝙮 𝙛𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙪𝙩. 𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙙? 𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙬𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙔/𝙉?

𝙁𝙇𝘼𝙎𝙃𝘽𝘼𝘾𝙆 𝙀𝙉𝘿

Moon took Y/Ns hand and took her back into the room. He sat down on the couch, and pulled Y/N into his lap. She immediately started to get back up, but he pulled her back down into his lap.

-"Moon-"

-"There's no cameras in here."

He hugged her and nuzzled her neck.

-"This can be our little secret."

Y/N saw the slightest smile on his face. He leaned down, and Y/N leaned upwards. They closed the gap between them. They held each other, kissing for a long while. Eventually Y/N broke away. Moon sighed.

-"I wish we didn't have to hide.."

-"Me too."

The lights flashed on outside the room, in the daycare, and they went down to finish the day.