Chapter 62

1007 words

There might be an instance or two of foreshadowing in this chapter, feel free to try and point them out, I wanna see who gets it right
______

Y/N pulled into the library parking lot, looking through her bag for her books and library card. She grabbed her things and opened the door, pausing and looking at Sun. "I'll be like, two seconds." She said, getting out and closing the door behind her. Sun watched her speed-walk to the doors of the library, pushing the door open with her back, her hands full with carrying a stack of books.

Y/N walked into the library, shoving her books in the return slot— neatly, of course. She walked to the shelf that held on-hold books. She grabbed all of hers, a stack of four books, checking them out and walking out. She walked back to the van, putting the stack in the empty passenger seat. She buckled her seatbelt back up, clipping her phone onto a holder that stuck to the dashboard. She opened a digital to-do list, crossing off the library visit. She had a lot on her list, between work and taking care of Jax, things she had to take care of were piling up. She was muttering under her breath as she looked through the different things she had to do. She'd only do a few more, so that she could get Sun back before nightfall. She was muttering about what she could do in what amount of time, possible setbacks—

"What are you on about?" Sun asked, breaking her train of thought. Y/N looked back at him, "huh?"

"You're muttering. A lot." He pointed out.
"Oh. Sorry, I was just.. Thinking." She pulled out of the parking lot. "I gotta run to the store, you fine with staying in—"

"No. I'm going with you."

"Not like I can argue," she said warily, driving towards the store.

.
.
.

"You're really insistent on coming with, aren't you." Y/N said tiredly as Sun pushed open the van door. Y/N had given up protesting at this point, she didn't want to fight him. As Y/N and Sun walked around the store, they got weird looks from people. Sun didn't seem to care, and Y/N did her best to ignore it.

Once they were done at the store, it was pouring outside. "The one day I don't bring an umbrella." Y/N sighed. The dark sky was just bright enough for Sun to still be out, and they ran to the van. Once Sun went inside, it was too dark, and Moon collapsed against the wall of it. Y/N stopped and jumped in the back, kneeling in front of him, "you alright?" She asked.

"I'm fine, just.. A bit sore."
Y/N kissed his head, and he smiled softly at her. "We'll go right back to my house as soon as I get the bags loaded."
Moon nodded, and Y/N hopped out, loading the bags into the van and closing the door. She put the cart back and got into the drivers seat, starting the van back up.

.
.
.

"Why did you buy balloons?" Moon asked as Y/N was blowing up a balloon on the bed.
"Because it was a dollar for a 20 pack, also," she held the edges of the hole, and stretched it, and the balloon made a high pitch squeaking sound.
"Is that seriously the only reason you bought them?"

"No." She made the end of the balloon face Moon, letting go, and it blew air all over his face, making his hat float backwards a bit. "That's why."

"You're so childish.."

"Whatever." She set the pack of balloons down, grabbing one of her books and opening it, starting to read. Moon moved to lay his head in her lap, closing his eyes. Y/N smiled softly, then focused back on her book.

.
.
.

It was getting late now. The sun finally set, darkening the sky more than it had already been. Y/N pulled out her phone, closing her book and setting it on the night stand. As she was scrolling through her phone, a hand reached and snatched her phone, clicking it off. "Hey-" she protested, but then Moon wrapped his arms around her, holding her close. Y/N smiled softly, "you feeling any better?"

"Yeah, might even be able to stand. Wish I wasn't, though."

"Why not?"

"The better I get, the less time I get to stay here."

"It's not like we'll never see each other again once your better.." She told Moon. Suddenly a white flash lit up the room, and the sound of thunder filled Y/Ns ears. She jumped, startled. Moon tightened his arms around her as she clung to him. Moon chuckled a bit, "22 and still startled by thunder.."

"Quiet." Y/N told him. Moon just hugged her closer, comfortingly, and Y/N got comfortable in his arms, closing her eyes.

.
.
.

"Still scared of thunder, huh?" Bloodmoon said teasingly to Y/N. "I took you to be tougher, honestly." He continued to speak in a joking manner. Y/N looked away, "it's not even the thunder itself, it's just the loud noise.."
Bloodmoons smile faded, "you're one of those people who can't handle loud noises, aren't you."

"Yep.. I used to deal with a lot of yelling so, I guess I just don't like loud noises too much." She put on a smile. Glitchtrap zipped over, putting an arm around Y/Ns shoulder. Bloodmoon seemed to tense.
"If I could control the weather I would, dear, but we both know I can only control your body." Glitchtrap said. Y/N smiled softly at him. "It's good enough that you care." She told him.

Bloodmoon was seething as he watched Glitchtrap comfort Y/N. It should be him she was smiling softly at, him she should feel comforted by.
"You good, Bloodmoon?"
Bloodmoon broke his trance, looking at Y/N. She looked a little concerned.
"Fine." He muttered.