Chapter 72

1140 words

______

"Oh.. I almost forgot about that."
Y/N said as she saw the two partially-shelled endoskeletons in front of her. She walked up, looking at them. These two would end up being Eclipse and Lunars bodies. Sun held her hand as she looked at them.
"What exactly did you want help with, cause it sure as hell wasn't to do with building them."

"Well... Kind of. We don't have the stuff to make their clothes, so me and Moon were thinking you could handle that. And also, help us with what they look like. We've seen them before, but only for a bit, and... You've known them for a while now.." Sun added the last part a little bitterly. Y/N looked away, and Sun squeezed her hand to let her know it was okay.
"Yeah... I can help with that.."

Sun let go of her hand, walking over to a table. He motioned for her to follow, and she did.
"So, we've gotten their main color down to at least three colors each. But it's hard to remember which was exact." He pointed to three papers with a kind of deep, dark blue on them. "These are Lunars." He then gestured to dark brownish colors, with a bit of red to them, "and these are for Eclipse. Which ones work the best?"
Y/N studied them for a second. "This one works best for Lunar," she pointed to the middle one of the bluer ones. "And this one fits Eclipse the best," she pointed to the one most left of the redder ones. Sun picked them up, brushing the incorrect colors aside, "thank you, sweetheart."
Y/N smiled softly at the petname, not that Sun could see it.

"You'll be okay to handle the clothes, won't you? I don't wanna put anything big on you—"

"It's fine, Sun! I know how to sew pretty good.. I'm happy to do it, actually.. I just need measurements."
Sun smiled softly at her, cupping the left side of her face with one hand. He kissed her head, "just let me know if anythings too much for you."
She nodded, and Sun walked back to the endoskeletons, picking up a sheet of paper. He handed it to Y/N. "These are the measurements."
Y/N took the paper, glancing over it. "Alright.. I can get the fabric on my way home from work tomorrow."

"Perfect."

"Would it be alright if I took some things to do here during the day and nightshifts?"

"Of course, just make sure to take breaks. Don't overwork yourself... I know you have a tendency to do that."

"Don't worry, I won't."
Sun wrapped his arms around her waist in a hug, "I'll make sure you won't." He whispered into her ear, rather seductively. Y/N blushed a small bit, and smiled at him. She looked at her watch, "actually, my shift hasn't started yet, I have maybe half an hour or so, I can run out and get the stuff now."

"Only if you want to, Sunshine."

"I'll be back in a bit." She kissed his cheek and walked out, hurrying to her car and driving to the craft store. As she walked through the store, she looked at the different colors. She couldn't find the right colors, so she looked at the white fabrics. She looked for ones that fit the right materials for the different parts of the outfits. Luckily she only needed off-white for Eclipses suit, and she found white with a blue tint for Lunars. The pants she'd need to make herself though because their legs were far longer. She got softer, more fluffy fabrics for Lunars hat and cowl. White, of course, and she'd have to make the dye color herself. She bought dye, and a few other things. She decided she'd work on Eclipse's pants. She brought the stuff she needed inside, setting them down on the desk in the daycare.

She looked around, not seeing anyone. He must still be at parts and services. She walked down, going to the old abandoned room that the endoskeletons were in. The lights were off, and Moon was hunched over in a chair at the table the endoskeletons were on, seeming to be working on Lunars left hand. His right hand seemed to be done, painted and his claws perfectly accurate. At the part they glowed, it looked like a shut-off neon sign. When the door closed behind her, Moon looked up from his work, and after a second over at her.

"Starlight..! I'm just working on the last of the hands."
Y/N looked at Eclipses body. His hands were done, the claws in a similar manner, except it was more orange. Y/N walked over to peer over his shoulder. He was almost done, about two claws were missing, other than that, the rest was complete.
"I'm glad you showed up before I finalized this. I wanna make sure they glow the right color. How does this look?" He clicked something, and the fingers began to light up, the same color that Lunars had glowed.
"It looks perfect, exact same color."

"𝘓𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘴... 𝘗𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵..." He said slightly, quietly. It was quite a bitter tone. Y/N didn't seem to notice, he was very quiet.
"Well, I got the stuff I need, should I go back to work on—"

"Would it bother you to bring it here?"

"Oh.. Uh, no, I can go grab it. I'll be back in a minute." She said as she backed out of the room. She hurried off to the daycare, grabbing the things she left on the desk and hurrying back. If Moon had seen her he would have yelled for running with sharps, like a child. Once she made it back, Moon gestured to an empty table. She set the stuff down, and pulled up a chair. As Moon continued to work, she pulled out a paper and sketched out how Eclipse's pants looked. Pockets, belt loops, every last detail. After that, she looked at the measurements, labeling everything. Once that was done, she pulled out a sharpie, and drew along the sides on the fabric she was using. She drew it slightly over, so she could cut out the sharpied parts.

.
.
.

She had been working non-stop the entire shift, and had finally finished the pants. She folded them up, yawning. Moon wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his head on her shoulder. "You've been working all night, your shift is about to end.. Go ahead and go home, I'll clock you out on time, and meet you back at your house."
She nodded, and Moon kissed her cheek, leaving. Y/N stretched, and picked up everything. She walked to the doors of the Plex, and drove home.